Sign in to follow this  
Solitary Dark

War of the Worlds Tripod

Back at the beginning of the year I went to an exhibition at a local art gallery (The Lightbox, in Woking, Surrey U.K,) based on the theme of Alien Invasions. Woking was home to H.G Wells and he based the novel War of the Worlds there. My home town is featured in the book as is the town I live now, and where I went to school is on the site of one of the main battles (The river bend at Shepperton). It prompted me to re-read the book, which in turn generated images in brick of the tripod's - and here they are.

14291434730_3ab2845a9d_s.jpgTripod 1 by The Solitary Dark, on Flickr

14291599327_325e6cdb4d_s.jpgTripod 5 by The Solitary Dark, on Flickr

There are so many versions now that I chose to base my version on the pictures I conjured as I read.

Very cool! Looks like the movie, creepy and intimidating! I like the trans red, giving it a sinister feel.

Awesome! I have been a massive fan of the Jeff Wayne Musical for years. :classic: I like this as it combines the design of that one with the kinda more techy-like Cruise design. Awesome work! :classic:

Very nice work 'SD'.....though I was hoping for the original tripods from H.G. Wells........where's Tom Cruise in the picture ? :wink:

Brick On 'SD' ! :grin:

Awesome! I have been a massive fan of the Jeff Wayne Musical for years. :classic:

Same here! I permanently got 'The Heat Ray' music stuck in my head when I first saw it!

Great MOC! The head (?) looks like a smallish spaceship. :classic:

Edited by LOTRfan