jaapxaap

Free build: Lord Kiarr's house

This month I joined Nocturnus with the minifigure Lord Kiarr. I've already told my story about my fig in the nocturnus topic. But now I've build the house of Lord Kiarr:

14499246165_aa004a79ca_z.jpg

14509262821_1761e7f553_z.jpg

EDIT: New picture! for other pictures: Mijn Flickr!

I hope you enjoyed,

jaapxaap

Edited by jaapxaap

I really like this, I love the styling. My first thought, and I hope you don't mind, was Hansel & Gretel.

Wow! What a build! Nice work! The house is awesome, love the purple detailing! The dark red tree is a great detail! :classic:

Great roof shape! I love the purple color.

I agree, some better photos would really help.

I can tell your builds are going to be instant favorites here, this one certainly is for me! Can't wait to see some better pictures!

What a great house. Looking forward to brighter pics. I will definitely have to check out the story behind your interesting fig. I love the daring of using that robot head in this setting. It really works!

Love the purple! And the shape of that roof...

Like the combination of techniques on that green tree!

Oh wow, this is seriously awesome. You've definitely shown your skill with architecture, and I love how you incorporated purple into the build. The sharp angle of the roof is a great effect, really gives a spooky feel to the build. Also the landscaping is very nicely done.

I haven't been here long myself but I can tell you will be a great contribution to Nocturnus! Oh yeah, your Flickr page is filled with great builds, can't wait to see more for Nocturnus!

Really nice build. The roof is excellent, and the use of purple adds a lot to the overall feel and look of the house. The landscape looks really cool, but it's hard to make out some of the details and colors in the landscape. I think the build would benefit greatly from photos with a higher perspective and more light.

It's great to have you in Nocty, and I'm looking forward to seeing more!

Lovely house! With the colors and the house shape, it looks like it would fit right in with the Zugal tribe (ravens)! Great job.

Oh yeah, great intro build jaapxaap! :wub: The angled roof lines are reminiscent of Legonardo's work, and you've pulled it off really well, although some more varied roof texture would be great. Sweet choice of accent colour with the purple too. :thumbup: The landscaping looks very nice, but it's hard to make out with your dark (and slightly soft) pics. I do wonder about the wisdom of allowing that red tree to grow so close to the house too, although the red foliage peeking over the high roof is undeniably pretty! :wink:

Looking forward to seeing more sweet Nocty builds from you! :sweet:

Superb introductory moc. The stone chimney in the back is great, as is the spine tree. Great texturing on the house as well. :thumbup:

Very very nice. I love the stylised proportions. The rock base is remarkable too and the trees are really well built. Great texturing all round. What a fantastic introduction!

The purple looks very good and that red tree is superb!

Everybody thanks for the positive feedback! as you can see, I made a new photo! more pictures i'll will place at my flickr.

Gloomy! I like it! The tree and rocks are very nice. How long have you been legoing?

I'm 18 years old now, and I started Legoing while I was very young...

This MOC I builded in around 30 hours...

two answers for one question because i didn't know what answer you wanted to know :classic:

jaapxaap

It looks like it comes straight out of a tale! I love the usage of purple and how great the result looks!!

Dude, the purple is awesome. Besides that, the fairy tale proportions are fantastic and I really appreciate the studs on both the roof and the beams in the Tudor sections. Sometimes we need to be reminded that studs aren't the enemy!

Really nice house and tree! I like the unusually pointy roof and how you've managed to make the purple fit in.

I would suggest not including the red "spell check" underline of the text in the future however :wink:

Wow Lord Kiarr you did a lovely moc there.... Lovely angles at the house and brilliant landscaping! Good job there...!

I like the use of black for the water. Lily pad is a nice touch. Good Job!

Lovely Nocturnus build! The purple accents fit well and that roof is fantastic :wub:

Excellent landscape too, especially the trees and rockwork :thumbup: Glad to have you in GoH :classic: