hi there!

so this is something i'm not going to publish on my blog as i don't like it a lot and it's not finished because i don't have time and will to make Octan stickers...it's quite ugly lol

except from this it's a good model as it's 80% tubolar, with 2RC motors geared 1:2 capable of drifting and it has a really nice speed for its size

i'll post a video one of these days so i can take it outside :)

its weigh is 1kg g+ g-

hope you like it because i don't XD

6pyvps.jpg

dq27gk.jpg

2jc6afn.jpg

2lvy336.jpg

Edited by piterx

hmmm not really....i was really curious to try the 1:2 ratio on those wheels after i've seen that baja truck that guy made wich was epic...

this one is 1kg lighter and it's really funny to drive eheh

the rear suspension is really similar in what i've done with the polaris...that's a nice setup for rear suspensions

Edited by piterx

I like it too!

The back is very cool with the roolcage, the front view is nice, the middle of the car is not perfect, but summary it's very nice!

I like it, others like it but I don't think it likes itself. It looks very unhappy!

hmmm not really....i was really curious to try the 1:2 ratio on those wheels after i've seen that baja truck that guy made wich was epic...

this one is 1kg lighter and it's really funny to drive eheh

the rear suspension is really similar in what i've done with the polaris...that's a nice setup for rear suspensions

What guy made one with 1:2? Cause I remember doing something simillar once upon...

thank you guys :)

yeah jerry but i don't remember his name...actually it was a great baja truck but was pretty heavy....tho it had great performances going downhill :D

oh btw i'm uploading a short video just to show it drifting in a small space :P

here's the link but you'll be able to see it in half an hour

so this is something i'm not going to publish on my blog as i don't like it a lot and it's not finished because i don't have time and will to make Octan stickers...it's quite ugly lol

So it is not good enough for your blog but it is good enough for EB? :sceptic:

Actually I quite like it! I like the color scheme and the lines of the bumper.

ahaha no i didn't say that XD

it's something worth sharing for the way i built it but it's not so nice imo

if you guys want i can take some close ups for the wheel hubs i've used and the way i mounted the RC motors :)

I'd say now i like it....without all that crappy bodywork i made XD

anyway i took these pictures to show you how the frame is made

2gwstjc.jpg

wqqath.jpg

here's the solution for rear independent suspensions....this setup makes it really soft

10fu7q1.jpg

this hub works really nice as it gives a nice steering angle

505pmx.jpg

I think it turned out really well! Thanks for the quick vid too. Looks like a lot of fun to play with.

I do like the tubular somewhat design and thanks for the cool close ups! :grin::thumbup:

you're welcome doc!

i think i might use the tubolar design for the stratos as well

I have to say I like it more without the body work. :tongue:

Just put a rail on the sides and some lights, and it will be sweet!

The rear suspension is very clever. I really like it. How are the tubes for strength? I thought they'd be weaker than beams.

The rear suspension is very clever. I really like it. How are the tubes for strength? I thought they'd be weaker than beams.

yes they're weaker, but they're also far far lighter so they don't need to carry as much weight :wink:

This looks like a lot of fun to mess around with, but ooi, why are people suddenly making vehicles with the octan colour scheme :sceptic: have I missed something here? :look:

the only weak points are the longitudinal junctions of the chassis... that's the reason why i added those 4 beams to keep everything together

all the rest is solid as a rock :P