Simon_S

HSS: World Cup Historica

Built for the HSS Belynia: Entertainment and because of the World Cup :wink:.

14495733245_fdc51d5a01_z.jpg

Welcome to this years World Cup in Historica!

We're here in the largest stadium in Avalonia, the one of the "Belynia Kickers".

Today Avalonia plays against Kaliphlin, let's take a look at the placement of the players:

14309067760_454ecf8721_z.jpg

In the Goal of the Kaliphlinites is Gideon, with a brand new hair cut! On the right side is M. of Kaliphlin and on the left side is Da Maximus who rather kicks the Avalonians than the soccer ball. He also styled his hair for this match.

14495725575_839a8c977c_z.jpg

Mikey B is the keeper for the Avalonians. And there are also the superstars deGothia and Simon of Nalderic.

This will be a great match, so let's start playing...

Thanks for looking and have a nice day!

14309262277_916536a9f8_z.jpg

Absolutely briljant Simon... hopefully the Avalonians will win the cup :wink:

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Switzerland... the dutch did great

Ha, ha, this is hilarious! Awesome idea Simon! Nice build, love the posing of the crowd! :classic:

I saw that one on Facebook earlier, great build, love it.

But where are those Red Devils?

Haha, nice build, the idea of building a GoH styled football (or soccer :hmpf_bad: ) stadium is brilliant.

I love the crowd, especially the hilarious hats of the Avalonian supporters fit perfectly for a build like this one.

Nice build Simon, although Football in the middle ages was usually played on a field between two villages and was a rather bloody affair

Soccer. Staring at a brick wall is better. Great build though!

How could you possibly dare saying this in an international forum? Football is life (outside the US) :wink:

Great build there Simon! I like the way you did the goals particularly! :thumbup:

Inspiring, too - I almost feel like doing one myself (if it weren't for this WIP sitting on my desk :hmpf_bad: ).

And of course Kaliphlin is so going to win! :grin: (If they don't, it will only be because Ageven the star isn't there!)

Awesome, Simon! :laugh: I love the use of those sombreros, and the other various head-wear for the crowd. GO TEAM AVALONIA!

Very fun build! As Kabel noted however, a medieval football game here would probably rather be between the two crowds and perhaps result in a few casualties :wink:

Anyway...GO TEAM KALIPHLIN!!

Absolutely briljant Simon... hopefully the Avalonians will win the cup :wink:

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Switzerland... the dutch did great

Thanks narbilu :classic:. Yeah, I hope that Switerland comes to the last sixteen. Hopp Schwiiz!

Nice work, I like your Damaximus :thumbup:

Thank you.

Love it! Can't say I'd like to play aginst a team dressed in armour though!

Thank you. I just wanted to keep the minifigs as near to the "original" ones, so I also used an armor on Gideons (mostly because I didn't had the torso).

I wondered when this would happen.

Haha, thanks.

Soccer. Staring at a brick wall is better. Great build though!

I'm not a good player myself but I think it's quite amusing to watch :wink:.

Awesome! Nocty vs Mitgardia next? :tongue:

I actually wanted to do Nocty vs. Avalonia and then use LD, ZC and BBs Avalonian figs vs. their Nocty ones, but I didn't have the pieces :grin:.

Ha, ha, this is hilarious! Awesome idea Simon! Nice build, love the posing of the crowd! :classic:

Thanks Infernum! The most of the time I invested (which wasn't much at all) was building and placing minifigs.

I saw that one on Facebook earlier, great build, love it.

But where are those Red Devils?

Thank you Tomsche. Which Red Devils?

Haha, nice build, the idea of building a GoH styled football (or soccer :hmpf_bad: ) stadium is brilliant.

I love the crowd, especially the hilarious hats of the Avalonian supporters fit perfectly for a build like this one.

Thanks mate! The hat choices weren't intentional, as I had way too few green headgear and just used everything I could find.

Hahaha, awesome. I don't know which team I support!

Thanks!

Nice build Simon, although Football in the middle ages was usually played on a field between two villages and was a rather bloody affair

How could you possibly dare saying this in an international forum? Football is life (outside the US) :wink:

Thank you kabel. Also, that's why you are the history teacher and I'm not :laugh:.

Great build there Simon! I like the way you did the goals particularly! :thumbup:

Inspiring, too - I almost feel like doing one myself (if it weren't for this WIP sitting on my desk :hmpf_bad: ).

And of course Kaliphlin is so going to win! :grin: (If they don't, it will only be because Ageven the star isn't there!)

Thanks Kai. I wanted to give them some sort of a comical look by not having the same height on both posts and an angled bar.

Kaliphlin is going to lose either way, if you are on the field or not :tongue:.

Awesome, Simon! :laugh: I love the use of those sombreros, and the other various head-wear for the crowd. GO TEAM AVALONIA!

Thanks Hammerhand :classic:.

Very fun build! As Kabel noted however, a medieval football game here would probably rather be between the two crowds and perhaps result in a few casualties :wink:

Anyway...GO TEAM KALIPHLIN!!

Thanks Gideon. How do you like your new hair style? I think it covers your ears nicely :laugh:.

Great idea and execution Simon! I wouldn't want to be the team that plays against Nocty. :devil:

Football is still life in the US... it just has a different definition :laugh:

Genius idea Simon, love it! The crowd look like they are really getting into it. C'mon Kali! :excited: (Australia are out of the real game already, no great surprise there but i'm still sad.)

ps. Where's the umpire? Going to be an interesting match without one! :devil:

SImon, way to pull out a major current event and tie it into GoH so quickly with a great build as well

Very nicely done sir. The walls and goals look fantastic. For me the highlight is the crowd, they are hilarious. The Kali team of Vinnie Jones, Dragonball Z and Vincent Crabb look ready to take down the tight-wearers. The very overthrown pitch seems favourable to our guys too.

Awesome work Simon, very nicely done and topical! You did an amazing job recreating the Avalonian/Kaliphlin crowds and there's so much spirit in this build. Some great ideas too, like those nice goal posts. I'm ready to see Nocturnus play!

And don't let the other Yanks convince you otherwise, some of us are football addicts in the U.S. too. Even here in the South - where one's passion goes from God to American football to family, in that order - soccer is becoming the next big thing. The high school team in our town just won its fifth state championship, and the team's only been in existence six years. You can bet you'll see some of our local guys in a future World Cup!

Edited by MassEditor

GER - US one - nill. I guess we can all live with that (except for the Portugeses I'd say) ! See you in the finals amigos!!

Hahahahahahaha :laugh: So nice to be in this MOC, and the description of my character is absolutely hilarious :grin: Too bad the keeper of Avalonia is wearing an helmet :look:

Btw, congratz to USA for going to the next round. Be prepared for the Red Devils (Go Belgium!!)

Brilliant build! And because this is such a brilliant build, I will forgive you following the tradition that Rogue Angel (I think) started of using female torsos for certain male characters... :laugh: But if Kaliphlin loses, Masa can always blame it on his uniform.... :tongue: