Sign in to follow this  
toorayay

[MOC] XCV Menswear (with upstairs dance studio)

My latest modular is a menswear store with a dance studio on top. I literally completed this in 24 hours with a few months worth of mental work preceding any actual physical build, but I was quite happy with it. So, I proudly present:

14303905619_e76cbc1223_z.jpg

XCV Fashions. XCV is the Roman numeral for 95, so perhaps that means that the company was founded in 1995? Honestly, I'm not sure.

14489248144_89437cb984_z.jpg

Here's the ground floor. Mannequins lure potential customers into the establishment.

14304056227_762ef802fd_z.jpg

The Top comes off to see the high end men's fashions one would expect from XCV.

14489235784_c1ae4950b4_z.jpg

Do you need suits? XCV has suits.

14303871420_ec3877f6b8_z.jpg

Do you need hats? XCV has hats.

14304057027_b207815f20_z.jpg

Do you need bags? XCV has bags.

14489283012_9a2fe9d7be_z.jpg

Do you need to sit down? XCV has benches.

14487128731_c77287ed10_z.jpg

The back of the building. That door leads to...

14510621483_2b224b3052_z.jpg

A big open space? I guess that's perfect for...

14303892019_8dbce47d15_z.jpg

A dance studio! Here, we see a dancer practicing her technique. And finally, the details of the building's roof:

14467386326_d3481fb15c_z.jpg

So there we are. Hope you enjoyed it. You can check out more by clicking the links in my signature.

Very nice modular!

The interior of the menswear store is nicely detailed, and the darker atmosphere is fitting with an upper class store. The dance studio is, well, a big empty space, just as it should be :laugh:. Small suggestion here, maybe use 1x2 tiles on the floor in every second row to get an offset, which would add some dynamic.

How did you do the mirrors?

AWESOME work 'toorayay', nice studio upstairs and really nicely detailed menswear store downstairs.......did you see my menswear store MOC's from other the years ? :wink:

Brick On 'toorayay' ! :grin:

Looks great! The building is has a nice facade and colour scheme, but it's the fit out in the men's store that steals the show for me.

I'm not familiar with XCV but your building looks good! I like the facade, but it's the downstairs interior that really stands out. There's so much you've managed to get in there and it looks coherent.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

I'm not familiar with XCV but your building looks good!

I think he made it up?

The facade is lovely, but it looks a bit dark. That's not a huge problem, though, really. The interior is great - I like the chest of drawers with hats on top, as well as the mannequins. The dance studio upstairs is a novel idea for a modular building - good idea, too.

Very nice modular!

The interior of the menswear store is nicely detailed, and the darker atmosphere is fitting with an upper class store. The dance studio is, well, a big empty space, just as it should be :laugh:. Small suggestion here, maybe use 1x2 tiles on the floor in every second row to get an offset, which would add some dynamic.

Thanks! I would have done some offsetting to the wood floor but I didn't have any 1x2 tiles. I have some 1x1 coming soon, which I plan to use for this purpose, but it may be a while before I make that bricklink order.

How did you do the mirrors?

It's a sticker from a particular set. Here's the part in the catalog:

http://www.bricklink...asp?P=3855pb020

I'm not familiar with XCV but your building looks good!

Thanks! XCV isn't a real store that I'm aware of, but it was something I could easily tile out on the sidewalk. :)

My very dear cousin David is getting married to the lovely Siobhan in August and I need an outfit.

I know it's a long shot but do you have anything in a 36 waist, 38 chest?

Edited by grum64