Hi everyone, here is my entry to the MINI contest.

First, a little background info. It's been around a month since I woke up from my dark ages, and I can say that this is my first MOC that looks somewhat like the real thing :)

It's a garbage truck, with the lifter mechanism in the front.

14466216916_18323708ae_c.jpg14302733378_8ccbff2dac_c.jpg

14489320945_220d67b1dc_c.jpg

It has two or three functions, depending on what you call a function :)

1 - The front lifter mechanism, obviously,

2 - The container section tilts for dumping,

3 - The back part opens automatically when the container is tilted.

14466217086_a839a6d86b_c.jpg

14302692020_61f401abe8_c.jpg

The right dark bluish gray connector controls the tilting, and its left light bluish gray counterpart controls the lifter.

This version is around 180 pieces. I have some modifications in mind, that will probably pull the part count around 200, but will improve the looks. (hint: headlight and tail light sections.)

I also want to modify the lifter mechanism and squeeze in steering if I can but I haven't had a chance to work on it in the past week, so, time will tell :)

I like the color scheme a lot, I think it suits a garbage truck quite nicely. I don't like the tires though, but I can't find smaller tires that fit the scale. The current ones are from 42023. Do you have any suggestions?

Hope you guys like it.

P.S. : Thanks for this great contest, it's helping me a lot in experimenting with building techniques. Apparently I forgot a lot in the past 15 lego-less years (I am 29). I built two other entries before this: one tow truck and one snow groomer, but both were too big.

It looks great, and I think the tires work very well with the overall design of the truck! Good work! :thumbup: :classic:

That's a nice truck. Like your lifter system. If you have the parts remaining how about a bin.

Welcome!

H

Nice truck, I can see why you thought it sort of looks like mine :classic:

That's a nice truck. Like your lifter system. If you have the parts remaining how about a bin.

Welcome!

H

Great idea! Make it hook it on the fork and you add alot of playability to it.

Thank you all for your comments, you guys are very encouraging :)

Welcome!

H

That's actually in the plans, but my priority is making the body look better for now.

I was thinking the same thing, some resemblance to the Appie truck.

But this is a nice little truck, and under 200 parts. Just one remark, isn't the lifter mechanism normally in the back instead of the front? Or is that only in my country? I agree you should really add a container to it, that will make for much more playability.

Great entry, I like the colours.

You can get smaller tires for those wheels, but they are more like racing tires (very low).

Succes with getting the steering in as well.

Great entry. Just had a look at Jakes garbage truck from his 7599 Toy Story Getaway set and, bearing in mind the limitations of using just Technic and the 200 part criteria, it's a dead ringer.

There's been so many really great entries so far & considering there's still plenty of time left I'm really looking forward to seeing what else members come up with.

I was thinking the same thing, some resemblance to the Appie truck.

But this is a nice little truck, and under 200 parts. Just one remark, isn't the lifter mechanism normally in the back instead of the front? Or is that only in my country? I agree you should really add a container to it, that will make for much more playability.

Yeah, the lifter mechanism is in the back in my country too, like this one. But what I tried to achieve is trucks like these, with the color scheme of this.

Great entry. Just had a look at Jakes garbage truck from his 7599 Toy Story Getaway set and, bearing in mind the limitations of using just Technic and the 200 part criteria, it's a dead ringer.

There's been so many really great entries so far & considering there's still plenty of time left I'm really looking forward to seeing what else members come up with.

I haven't seen the 7599 before, but it seems its proportions are very similar to mine. That makes me happy, thanks.

lovely little thing - but needs steering more than a bin I think....

Well, I have some modifications in mind. The first one is steering, but that will be a hard task because I will have to modify the chassis, otherwise tires will bump into it. After that I want to add a bin, but a functional bin may require a lot of parts (hmm, maybe I should try to build it with system panels). If I still have parts left, I'd like to modify the top part of the container and add a lid that can cover the open section. But I'm already very close to the parts limit, I'm not sure if I can squeeze in any of these.

I got a 8110 Unimog yesterday, and all my evening went to building and playing with it, so I didn't have a chance to work on this (I regret nothing, the unimog is awesome :) ). Hopefully I'll get on this tonight.

*edit: the third truck link was wrong apparently, corrected it :)

Edited by erelender

It's a lovely entry, i like everything, the idea, the colours, the shape, the functions, it is very cute:) I think the dimension of the tyres is good. If you can build steering, this model can be the number 1 in this competition:)

ps: it's a little bit futuristic, but i did't say it is wrong :classic:

Edited by Eraman

Well, I have some modifications in mind. The first one is steering, but that will be a hard task because I will have to modify the chassis, otherwise tires will bump into it. After that I want to add a bin, but a functional bin may require a lot of parts (hmm, maybe I should try to build it with system panels).

Maybe you could use the container from 8065: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=8065-1 It's not ideal in terms of looks for this, but it's only 1 part.

I couldn't find the container part on bricklink though, only the whole set - must be my search skills.

Ooh wow, this is so cute. Very well executed. The functions are just as they should be. The colors are a great choice.

I really like this one!

For the past week, I've taken it apart and rebuilt it so many times, I lost count. I'm pretty pleased with its current state, so I thought I should post an update.

Here are the list of changes:

- HoG steering added. This was really challenging, but worthwhile.

- Reworked lifter: shape is closer to real, resting position improved, used rigid hoses instead of axles on the forks for easy positioning into beam holes. Removed old gear mechanism, it is now operated by hand.

- Reworked chassis, container and tilting mechanism.

- Front and tail lights added, much better looks.

Current list of features:

- Tilting container

- HoG steering

- Lifter mechanism

- Adjustable seats ( mini-feature :) )

- Auto-opening back lid (mini-feature )

It's now 193 pieces. I reserved the last 7 pieces for a bin. I'm waiting for my brother to ship my pre-dark-ages legos, I have some parts that may be quite useful for it. (that are also among the suggestions, thank you)

Here are some pictures:

14355283400_9eaac4bc19_c.jpg

14562045823_eecae114e2_c.jpg

14518826236_ebf99697d2_c.jpg

14355472197_274bd05776_c.jpg

14355283710_f43a3ff9e8_c.jpg

14355471687_1cc9692354_c.jpg

And here it is, with its bigger brothers for scale :D

14562045933_73631a20a6_c.jpg

P.S: LDD file coming soon.

P.P.S: Sorry for the bad photo quality and lighting. I'll make sure to find a good camera for the entry picture :)

Edited by erelender