UPDATE February 2018: Boar Blocker Guards

UPDATE January 2018: Cold One Riders

UPDATE September 2017: WITCHES!!

UPDATE MAY 2017: Wavebreaker Guards

UPDATE January 2017: Harpy sisters attack Wood Elf rider in "Nightly Harpy Havoc"

Dark Elves

In times of peril, some Elves resort to calling upon darker powers to aid their endeavors. It is said that some of these unfortunate get lost in the dark arts.

But do not be misled, this is not what happened with the Dark Elves. They have been simply... evil... as long as their stories were told. Their dark Gods are different from ours - and can never be harnessed for any greater purpose.

14465595876_c733b64d78_c.jpg

Dark Elf Lord von MWardancer auf Flickr

14302076740_358b1723c9_c.jpg

Dark Elf Lady von MWardancer auf Flickr

14302092369_6275fab834_c.jpg

Dark Elf Soldier von MWardancer auf Flickr

14488700655_280e68f3fa_c.jpg

Dark Elf Advent von MWardancer auf Flickr

C&C welcome!

Customized parts:

- all male figs were (affordable!) keychains

- Brickwarriors helmets and weapons

- CapeMadness Capes

- the lady's dekollete had to be painted white

- dark blue gems are cut off antennas

Edited by Wardancer

Those are some very nice Dark Elves! Could definitely sense the darkness in it.

Very dark indeed. The colors work really well. I could see some nice Guilds of Historica concepts out of this.

The only thing I'd change (and it may be expensive) is to paint the official Elf hairpieces for female/male ears white and hairs the color you chose.

Thanks for the kind replies.

Yes, some Elf ears would improve the figs. It is not very easy, because the CapeMadness Cape is very sturdy and most hairpieces conflict with this. But if I ever make more, I'll try some ears. The other torsos from the chima scorpion tribe are nice as well, as soon as they are widely available I'll make some more. It is not easy to get many of the good heads, so I need to hide as many faces behind helmet as I can.

Those Chima bodies/legs are outstanding for Dark Elves/Drow (spider-gods & whatnot)! Great BW choices, too!

Edited by Venkefedo

Lovely! Some of them look like they're straight out of a neo-noir film if you look at them quickly! (Especially the Dark Lady Elf!)

I didn't realize it was a different cape. So that certainly makes sense. Too bad couldn't have more of the Malgus capes with just the one hole. Hairpieces don't seem to interfere too much with those.

I love a lot of the Chima torsos, but I don't love the Chi circle on them. That limits their use. I realize they are meant for a specific purpose in that theme, but I like using torsos out of themes.

Either way, I like how these turned out.

Wow, I love your elves :wub: . I really like that you made them 'dark' - they are a good contrast to the official colourful elves we got in the sets.

Thank you. It is nice to get feedback even months after I published this. I still have not acquired the golden version of these Chima torsos/legs, but it will become a fine dark elf king. The scolder keychains are sold out meanwhile, so there goes this source for cheap troops.

Edited by Wardancer

The Extremis Soldiers (noticed you used Aldrich Killian for your Lord) are going fairly cheap. You can get them for around $2 a piece new. Just the heads are like a dollar. The Voldermort head you used on the soldiers can also be bought on BrickLink for under $1. Not sure what you were paying for the keychains, but this seems like a fairly cheap (maybe cheaper?) alternative?

Thanks for pointing out the new heads. Some are new to me and its good to see the new options.

I just checked the prices in Germany. If I wanted more of the silver soldiers, it would cost about 7 Euro per fig. Add the custom parts and the head and you have 10 Euro per fig. That is too painful for army building. Cheaper are only the torsos from the "Scutter" fig. But thats only a torso, it is a Spider fig without legs. Hmm... Too bad the scorpion tribe was so small. I could put the scutter torsos on horses so the feet would not matter.

Edited by Wardancer

Cool dark elves! The matching of the torso print to the kite shields is excellent. :wub:

For my only drow, I resorted to non-LEGO head and hair (as well as weapons and armour):

highres_341423962.jpeg

highres_341423772.jpeg

Love it!

They look so sinister!

I'd love if LEGO makes something like this in the next Castle theme

I love it, thanks for continuing the thread. Dark Elf society in some ethos is matriarchal so nice to see a Dark Elf King. My dream is to get Amidalasw387.jpg?1 and mod her to be a Dark elf priestess/queen. But she's so expensive. Wait til next year maybe.

Thanks! Yes, an Amidala dark elf would make a fine queen. Especially the helmet is great. I was Looking for a queen and thought about the Bellatrix Estrange from Harry Potter, but she is too expensive. Maybe I can use the upcoming Maleficient for a queen.

Good idea. Can't wait for CMF 16 and Disney. At least they keep 'em coming. And we harvest what we can as best we can.

I recently bought a Scutter fig which is a scorpion like you suggest. I took it apart though and will use it to make another humanoid regular fig. somehow it violates my Elven aesthetics to make a spiderlike fig, I dunno why.

I love it, thanks for continuing the thread. Dark Elf society in some ethos is matriarchal so nice to see a Dark Elf King. My dream is to get Amidala and mod her to be a Dark elf priestess/queen. But she's so expensive. Wait til next year maybe.

Yeah she's not cheap!

Each Dark Elf you make is just another one to fall under the wheels of the chariots of the true kin... or under the hooves of a legion of war boars! :P

(so keep 'em coming!)

Queen Fenestra of the Dark Elves was once quoted as saying, "Watch out for my secret Drider patrol, 'cause if you do see them, you're already dead."

Can someone give me a link on how to post pictures to this website please? If it's not too much trouble. Thanks.