Dirk1313

10242 Mini Cooper Convertible MOD

Hi Folks,

I modified the new Mini Cooper into a convertible.

20.jpg

21.jpg

Lego Scala Figures fit well to the scale of the model:

22.jpg

Mini side by side with VW T1 bus, unfortunately not an exact match of scale:

23.jpg

And together with my Eriba Puck camping trailer, the Lego Belville children fit well with the scale:

24.jpg

25.jpg

Woah! Is it already available for purchase?

I'm also astonished! *huh*

Where did you buy this?

Thank you Dirk1313 for sharing. Nice work. In particular, I am very fond of the comparison images which you have provided! :sweet:

Love this! Thanks for sharing! Finally some nice use of the Belville figures! Also, the comparison pictures are very helpful. :)

really like the convertible option you did, sadly this is about the size of the Mini I expected to see, I really wish they had made it twice this size...for $100 US I do not feel this is a super value, sure it is still below the 10 cents per part, but I see a lot of 1x1 pieces there, which to me should be no more than 2 cents per piece

This is like opening a bag of chips that is half air...sigh. Still, I will likely pick it up, so I complain and yet go against my complaint.

This looks really neat. I may have to MOD it too! I think the official set will look nice on its own, but this convertible looks delicious. It adds a lot to the overall design.

I hadn't thought of Scala figures before. My daughter would probably go crazy for them...do I dare show her?

What do you think about my version? Project with LDD, pieces from Bricklink, picture posted on LEGO Italia facebook page (with credit to you)

20140729_095204.jpg

I really like the convertible MOD. However, I do think the folded top is a bit too big. Looking at the "original MOD" I think the grey parts can be discarded.