StickFig

Freebuild: The Sand Witch's Hovel

14469694584_6c0da8023f_c.jpg

Old Elza the Sand Witch was cursed from a young age with powers ...or something, at least that's what I heard. Maybe she is just an old woman who lives alone on the outskirts of Eastgate. At least she doesn't have any cats.

14470856475_a8998bc72f_c.jpg

14491005173_020b392109_c.jpg

14284278758_b9869babbf_c.jpg

Requesting University of Petraea's Doctorate of Historica Program in the following Categories:

Architecture:

• Roofing (roof 1)
  • Round Walls and Towers

Beautiful house Nstickney :) Pitty you didnt add ground around it. It has beautiful texturing.

Nice job on the house, rounded ends especially. +1 on the credits.

Beautiful house Nstickney :) Pitty you didnt add ground around it. It has beautiful texturing.

I know - I've got to work on my collection of ground/landscaping pieces. One reason I joined Kaliphlin is that I have so little green! As a kid and TFOL, I never built castles or houses, or bought those types of sets for myself - it was always SPACESHIP SPACESHIP SPACESHIPs.

Nice job on the house, rounded ends especially. +1 on the credits.

Thanks!

+1 UoP DoH for all claims. Nice work with this, I like the colors used in the wall, but I'm not sure about those pieces for the well

+1 UoP DoH for all claims. Nice work with this, I like the colors used in the wall, but I'm not sure about those pieces for the well

Thanks! I agree that the well is not perfect - it was mostly a tablescrap (I was experimenting with round walls) but I felt that it did add something to the rest of the build. If I had the pieces, I would have made the colors match the house a little better.

+1 both claims. Nice idea and I like the well and chimney. My only feedback is on colour consistency. I read the Brown columns as wood frame and I think it would look better with brown horizontal frames too where you have black. I would also swap out the grey cylinders for Brown. Otherwise the colors are very striking and look great.

Edited by robuko

The word "sand" and the shape of this building makes me think of the bar from Tatooine in Star Wars :grin: This has such great angles on every side. I especially love the way you made your well.

Very cool house! The different colors work really well, and I like the roof. I don't recognize the witch's face though, what's it from?

+1 on the credits.

UoP DoH +1 on both credits.

+1 UoP DoH for all claims.

+1 both claims.

Thanks all, that wraps up UoP DoH credit for Architecture: roof 1 and round walls and towers!

My only feedback is on colour consistency. I read the Brown columns as wood frame and I think it would look better with brown horizontal frames too where you have black. I would also swap out the grey cylinders for Brown.

I started the build with black columns - they are supposed to read as wood - but I don't have enough pieces for that, and I didn't have enough brown plates to do the horizontal frames matching - it had to be brown vertical frames and black horizontal ones. This entire build ended up being an exercise in getting by. I do wish I had been able to do the window frames in brown, too, but again, didn't have enough pieces. My collection grows, though never fast enough.... :classic:

Very cool house! The different colors work really well, and I like the roof. I don't recognize the witch's face though, what's it from?

The minifig is basically Chief Big Bear from The Lone Ranger.

Edited by nstickney

Nice shapes! I agree however that the colors are a bit too mixed, and I think that the completely uniform parts of the roof would have been improved by some color variations when the walls are so varied.

UoP +1 for the credits.

Nice well! :classic:

Nice build!

Nice shapes!

Thanks all!

I think that the completely uniform parts of the roof would have been improved by some color variations when the walls are so varied.

Hmmmm, I actually didn't even consider this. It probably would have been improved had I included some dark red, sand red, etc among the roof bits. Thanks for the input!

I like the rounded shape, nice job. I think the different colors of the house are a bit too much for my taste though.

Very cool dude, good job with the overall shape. As much as I like the house though, that well really steals the show! Is there an interior by any chance?

Very nice house Nstickney, i know a lot of ppl have been unsure about the mix of colours for the walls, but i really like them myself. :classic: The only things i might have done to improve it is use plates instead of bricks in the wall to make the edges between the colours a bit more natural-looking and introduce more dark red into the roof, although having said that, the stylistic simplicity of what you already have is very pleasing. :thumbup:

Looking forward to seeing you take on some landscaping as well!

As much as I like the house though, that well really steals the show! Is there an interior by any chance?

There isn't an interior :blush: and actually the well got photographed backwards. It was a tablescrap that I was playing with and just happened to work, sort of, with the rest of the build.

Looking forward to seeing you take on some landscaping as well!

Me too! Hahahaha.

Really nice build! Only thing lacking is a Lego built base. Love the different colored stones that make up the walls of the hut!