AlmightyArjen

Massive 10 lego train frontal crash

Some Lego purists would sue me if they could for crashing Lego trains but I think the most of you can appreciate the following video :grin:

10 Lego trains in one big frontal crash!

Enjoy and let me know (here or on Youtube) what you think of it!

CRINGE!!!! (as I peek out between the fingers covering my eyes). It is even more impressive that you were able to time the arrival of 10 trains so well. Neat to see.

The timing was difficult. The first idea was to make a train along the bridge crash into a pillar of the bridge, by crashing another train from the side. But that was impossible to accomplish: I'd need a much bigger room for that. For all the trains arriving at the same time, I made sure that the trains were equal in weight. The Horizon Express was much heavier so I that train started a bit closer to the crossing...

I am not really into trains, but this hurts even me! No Lego should be harmed like this. Cool video though, and nice timing.

I can see how that took a while to setup, looks good on the video you did a nice job of editing it all together

LoL great vid there's nothing like a great train smash.

I should get all my Lego trains out of Storage and set them up and crash them too.

I am not sure if I should say Great! or Oh Noooo!. Anyway it is really well timed and a good way to start rebuilding the trains you have,

on the timing front, I suggest a way to do it would be to position the trains at the meeting point, set all the controllers to reverse and set them all off a once with full power settings. then stop them all, reverse direction to forwards and set them off again.

on the timing front, I suggest a way to do it would be to position the trains at the meeting point, set all the controllers to reverse and set them all off a once with full power settings. then stop them all, reverse direction to forwards and set them off again.

Sound like it could work, I think I could manage 2 maybe 3 at a time max though

are they all pf or all 9v??. if pf just set all the receivers to the same channel and use 1 tranny. if 9v just isolate all the transformers at the wall and flick the switch

That won't work: once you cut the power the more heavy trains roll further without the power because of the higher momentum. Next to that those trains (which are then further away from the crossing) will have lower acceleration because they are heavier. So I did some testruns without actually crashing them to determine the distance from the crossing at the beginning.

All 9V tracks were connected with each other and I had one power supply. Not a normal 9V regulator, which cannot supply enough current to make 10 trains accelerate quite fast at the same time...

Oh, the destruction. Do you have detail shots and analysis of the wreckage?

Somehow i dislike smashing toys...my parents always told me not to smash my toys... or else they would be given to children who do not have toys at all.....so i would rather see the trains run around on the track instead of crashing....

With other toys thats understandable, they either stay smashed or at the very least its a time consuming repair job. With lego however you just reassemble... And remember lego is a toy, my old lego picked up plenty of wear and scratches mostly through me having an awful lot of fun playing with it, and only the occasional smash when I was young. And in reality thats exactly what lego was intended for, to have fun with, which is how I interprit the above video!!

Oh, the destruction. Do you have detail shots and analysis of the wreckage?

Yes I do!

8XT9O53.jpg

ssM2XFW.jpg

0HMlQKA.jpg

S8kW1rn.jpg

One broken bogieplate, you can see it on the 2nd photo and that's it. And a few scratches I assume...

With other toys thats understandable, they either stay smashed or at the very least its a time consuming repair job. With lego however you just reassemble... And remember lego is a toy, my old lego picked up plenty of wear and scratches mostly through me having an awful lot of fun playing with it, and only the occasional smash when I was young. And in reality thats exactly what lego was intended for, to have fun with, which is how I interprit the above video!!

Amen. That's the whole purpose of this video. Crashing trains like this is fun, but you don't get to see a slowmo replay unless you make a video of it. Since the crash occurs within a second, it's nice to have the ability to see it again in slow motion :classic:

Edited by AlmightyArjen

ok , i get your timing knightmare now. not actually as much destruction as you would expect going by the piccys. looks like it was fun :sweet:

...I know these are your trains; but, I could never get the urge to crash mine.

Was fun to watch in slow motion though to see one car fly up into the air. The pizza part was comical.

They don't look too badly smashed actually. Did it take long to put them back together again? Nice to see such a big pile up though and I am glad it is yours and not me that has to clear it all away. God video though especially the slow motion one.

Well done video. Awesome crash, looks like the Maersk train survived intact. Thanks for sharing this with us!