Hi all -

I was curious as to what Technic MOC builders thought about the concept of a Lego fan finding and building a MOC on a site such as Rebrickable and then posting a video review of the model on YouTube? I have done this already with some of Crowkillers supercars and several of Madoca's designs and Hedgie's Compact Convertible. I personally always try and give proper credit to the designer in my videos and give info to viewers so they can check out the designers webpage etc. on their own. What is the general feeling of this from those who design these great models?

I am not a great builder, so I wouldn't know :wink:

But I have been thinking about writing a review for such a model. For example the Technic Snowspeeder.

I am not a great builder, so I wouldn't know :wink:

But I have been thinking about writing a review for such a model. For example the Technic Snowspeeder.

Me either. :laugh: I enjoy watching/reading reviews on some of the top builder's MOCs. Most reviews people do seem to generous though and rarely point out the cons.

@Osuharding1, i watch your Youtube channel and i like your reviews !

@Jim, love your reviews, hope to see more asap :thumbup:

I reviewed Sheepos land rover 110 and it was a lot of fun.

http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=80063

I did point out it's flaws because I felt it was important to be honest. However I also think it's very important to point out that Sheepo is not employed by Lego to build lego models 8 hours a day 5 days a week. He also doesn't have the resources available to him like being able to design completely new parts. So for MOCs I am much less critical than I am official sets. I can tell you that before my 110 review came out Sheepo was rather nervous as I wouldn't tell him anything about what was in it before everyone else saw it :grin:but he was pleased with the end result. Can't wait to see your reviews on the brick show (of which I'm a fan). I just hope you don't rate everything between 8 and 10 out of 10 as that doesn't really help much :laugh:.

Edited by allanp

I expect most people would feel honored and proud to have their MOC's reviewed by others. It is after all an indirect compliment to their skill.

I expect most people would feel honored and proud to have their MOC's reviewed by others. It is after all an indirect compliment to their skill.

Exactly! I would feel the same way.

@Jim, love your reviews, hope to see more asap :thumbup:

Thanks! If you are also into other themes, you might see more of them soon :wink:

It would be nice indeed. People who build the MOCs usually say they like it and find it fun, but a proper review from the right channels might very well help the MOC in question to reach out to others who otherwise wouldn't have even heard of it! :thumbup:

For the designer this is good (given the review is, in fact, good), whether it be from an economical point of view (for those selling instructions), or just for the joy of having others appreciate your work. Deisgning a good looking, well functioning MOC takes a lot of time and effort, and making instructions may take even more time! So for me at least, there is nothing better than knowing others take pleasure and appreciate the work I have done! :classic:

That's a great idea! I would love someone to do a in-depth review on my hot rod, as I would like to have feedback on how to improve on the MOC design or how the instructions have been presented.

What they thought, the good and the bad! :tongue:

http://mocplans.com/...32-hot-rod.html

:thumbup:

Edited by Doc_Brown

I saw some reviews of my models. That was my pleasure. On his(her) review, I watched my models with different eyes and found out some good or bad points which I couldn't noticed by myself. I thought this experience can improve my building skill.

Above all, I'm happy and honored to know people enjoying my models. Because when I was a child I had a dream to be a Lego official set designer. :classic: