Hi everyone!

My name is Eraman, i'm newbie here. This is my first contest, I'm very excited :classic:

The idea of my mini lawn tractor came from my older creation. 2 months ago I built a bigger lawn tractor. I thought, it is enough good to try to publish on lego cusoo(lego ideas). https://ideas.lego.com/projects/62241 When I saw this contest, I knew, it will get a "little brother:)"

Function:

1. Front wheel steering

2. Rotating blade

3. Openable hood

It's not too much function, but it meets the requirments(i hope so :blush: ) Rather I tried to create a good-looking tractor.

Number of parts: 200 pieces

Dimension:

length: 18-19 studs

width: 9 studs (with wheels ~12studs)

height: ~9studs

Tyres: lego 42008 (43,2x22), 9390 (30,4x14)

Some thoughts about the development:

My vehicle was designed in LDD, I worked a lot on it. It's always being under development. Tomorrow I share my first LDD rendered pic and maybe the first real shot. Unfortunately I do not have all color of parts, what I imagined, but LDD pic will show my conception. If i have enough time, i will share some previous and coming problems/moments of the improvement.

The promotional picture (black edition):

promo.png

More pic here!

Part list:

partlist.jpg

An LDD picture of the final version(green version):

(All parts and their colours are official!)

minitraki7.6_final.png

LDD file: ver.7.6final

Building Instruction here

Thanks for reading!

ps: sorry for my poor english :sceptic:

Edited by Eraman

Looking forward to the pictures. The big brother certainly looks great :thumbup:

Thanks, your cuusoo project(Hindenburg) is also GREAT!

At home my computer rendering the LDD picture, about 7-8 p.m. i share it.

Wow, that is a beauty! :wub:

I love the colourscheme. But... can you get all these green parts? :cry_sad:

Thanks. No, unfortunately some parts don't exist in green color, in the first comment i wrote, that i will search another color combination, perhaps the hood and the body will be red, the frame black and the seat is grey. This will be a more realistic concept.

This is a lovely model. Pretty compact, doesn't feel empty. Are you sure the parts don't exist in green? The angle connectors 2, 3 and 5 are in 8479, the panels and some beams are in 42008. Maybe you could work with cross blocks 1x2 instead of 1x3 as these are in 8479 as well.

This is a lovely model. Pretty compact, doesn't feel empty. Are you sure the parts don't exist in green? The angle connectors 2, 3 and 5 are in 8479, the panels and some beams are in 42008. Maybe you could work with cross blocks 1x2 instead of 1x3 as these are in 8479 as well.

Thanks the tips, but unfortunately I don't have these parts and it is not worth for me to buy them :sceptic: . But in LDD everybody can build there own colour version :classic: If the lego team steal my idea, they will solve the colour problem :grin::blush:

Hi all!

This is the next version(v5.5):

xx2.png

The openable hood is the main upgrade.

Further mini upgrades:

- lights

- mini wheel-imitations on the "bladehouse"

I changed the colour pattern too(Almost all parts are official colours).

Because of the openable hood, I had to solve the fixing of the steering to the chassis. You can see the solution on the next pic:

xx3.png

Thus this solution i get some disadvantage. The front of the chassis is wagging, you can twist it a little bit. I have to solve this problem...upps, i solved this problem, but you can read this in the next post :classic:

I think this is great. Shame model in the first LDD rendered pics used unofficial colours. I loved them, very John Deere.

I think this is great. Shame model in the first LDD rendered pics used unofficial colours. I loved them, very John Deere.

Agreed, very Deere like looked good

That is very cool...

I'd love to get my hands on the lxf file...

Eraman, can you please say something about the scale?

Pat

Thank you guys!

grum64: Yes, it's like John Deere, i love that colour combination too:) I go back this colorscheme, but i try to use official parts in LDD :wink:

Pat-Ard: length: 18-19 stud, width: 9 stud (with wheels ~12stud), height: ~9stud

I used tyres of 42008 (43,2x22) and 9390 (30,4x14)

I write these details in the first post, thank;)

Soon i share the LDD file and further pictures, and if i get some missing parts, I will share real photos and a video :classic:

So in my earlier post i mentioned the twisting problem, i managed to solve it. Here is a before-after pic about the frame:

weak3.png

On the left side is the original verion. The front suspension connected to the bodyframe with one 3L axle, but it was not enough, that point it can be twisted a bit. In the new version(on the right) i use the 98989 part:

98989.jpg

This part is enough strong to avoid the twisting, and it is joined to the frame with 5L axle, which is stronger too. It is wierd for eyes because of the asymmetrical arrangement, but usually it is invisible.

Other couriosity is the rear axle:

fogaskerek2.png

The rear axle is shifted with half stud upwards. There were 2 reason for this. First, the gap between the tyre and chassis is smooth in every point. Second, the gap between the bottom of the chassis and the surface is smoother too. Fortunately the shifted gears connect very well, they are rotating smoothly ...i used the word of "smooth" a lot :grin::tongue:

Edited by Eraman

Eraman, if you can't build this in any colours, I have all these parts, send me the LDD and I can build it in black and white and red if you want

I will give you the pictures and then you can use them in your entry.

You will have to send it by email though, I don't know if Eurobricks allows posting LDDs

Eraman, if you can't build this in any colours, I have all these parts, send me the LDD and I can build it in black and white and red if you want

I will give you the pictures and then you can use them in your entry.

You will have to send it by email though, I don't know if Eurobricks allows posting LDDs

Thanks the offer :classic: . I can build it in mixed colour only, but i hope, it doesn't matter :sceptic: . Soon i share the LDD file if its possible, or share a link to it.

Thanks the offer :classic: . I can build it in mixed colour only, but i hope, it doesn't matter :sceptic: . Soon i share the LDD file if its possible, or share a link to it.

That's ok.

After all, it is about function, not looks. I hope someone gives me some ideas for my models' looks, because I am probably the world's worst LEGO aesthetics designer

Please also see my MINI topic, the Offroad Racer.

That's ok.

After all, it is about function, not looks. I hope someone gives me some ideas for my models' looks, because I am probably the world's worst LEGO aesthetics designer

Please also see my MINI topic, the Offroad Racer.

I check it :wink:

Great entry! A perfect example of what this competition is all about :thumbup:

A lovely model, and beautifully rendered. Even though I don't see many (or any) lawn tractors where I live, this is instantly recognizable.

Thanks guys :blush:

Here is a sample of "John Deere" lawn tractor. My version is similar to it but i didn't want to copy at all:

John_Deere_lawn_mower.JPG

Edited by Eraman

hi eraman,

thanks for this info. Just checked the dimensions of the original JD L120. So the scale of your MOC is about 1/12.5 the same as the 8110 Unimog... Cool, it fit's! I really hoped that...

Pat