flailx

21108 Ghostbusters Ecto 1 Mods

While I absolutely LOVE the exterior of the new Ghostbusters set, the interior was much in need of an overhaul! While it technically "seated" all four figs it did so rather comically.

Here then, are my mods. It seats all four in the proper placement without affecting the exterior or seriously degrading the integrity of the structure.

post-32340-0-02738800-1403113385_thumb.jpg

See other images here.

As I have received requests for it, here is the LDD file: Ecto1-Mods.lxf

Edited by flailx

It seats all four in the proper placement without affecting the exterior or seriously degrading the integrity of the structure.

Your interior looks great. The computer really looks the part, and the seats make a huge difference. I'm also impressed with the way you attached the windows: it looks great and saves a lot of space inside.

Did you drop the floor by a plate to fit all the figures in? What about the rear of the car - did you lengthen the floor, or remove one of the brackets?

How did you attach the steering wheel? It doesn't seem to be attached to the normal steering wheel post! Is it attached to this piece or something similar?

Finally: I just saw your engine mod. Wow. :wub: .

Your interior looks great. The computer really looks the part, and the seats make a huge difference. I'm also impressed with the way you attached the windows: it looks great and saves a lot of space inside.

Did you drop the floor by a plate to fit all the figures in? What about the rear of the car - did you lengthen the floor, or remove one of the brackets?

How did you attach the steering wheel? It doesn't seem to be attached to the normal steering wheel post! Is it attached to this piece or something similar?

Finally: I just saw your engine mod. Wow. :wub: .

It looks EPICI I so want a little LDD File of how it's done so I can put in my own Mini Engine to it!!

I have since altered how the windows are attached - it's more stable now.

Yes, the bracket on the right side had to be removed. I'm pretty sure floor is the same depth as the original model.

The steering wheel is connected with a tap piece. One of these.

If anyone wants the LDD file, send me a message with your email.

I will be posting soon with an update. It now holds all four (modified) proton packs (it can hold two of the set packs) and the trap. I have also modded the roof rack.

Edited by flailx

I will be posting soon with an update. It now holds all four (modified) proton packs (it can hold two of the set packs) and the trap. I have also modded the roof rack.

I'm interested in seeing your modified packs. The ones in the set are really good, just kind of bulky for my taste. I'm assuming yours are smaller/slimmer somehow?

That interior is superb!

I recently purchased an Ecto 1 and think it's an awesome set worth every penny. Like you, I thought there still was some room for improvements. I made some mods on the exterior, but didn't think of modifying the interior. Until I saw your photos on flickr. (I recommend posting more pics here though :wink: ) Man... what you've done is awesome. I love the sollution of the attachement of the sidewindows. More room now. :classic: I used that technique on my Ecto, but I had this one problem: I shortened the cabin by 1 stud for a more appealing exterior. So I had to work with an even smaller interior and am not able to get it as detailed as yours. Also tried my hands at building an enginecompartement, thanks to you!

I'm very impressed by your Ecto-1 modifications. I have been trying to reverse engineer it from your pictures on Flickr. I've just now seen your post on Eurobricks and I was thrilled to find out that an LDD file was available. I would much appreciate if ou could send it to me. Thanks in advance.

Dan-147

I don't understand why this model uses trans-black windscreens. It didn't have tinted windows, what's wrong with trans-clear?

I don't understand why this model uses trans-black windscreens. It didn't have tinted windows, what's wrong with trans-clear?

That was my first thought too...I never thought the windows were tinted, but looking back at some pictures, it seems like they were a bit.

ghostbusters_behind-the-scenes-stills-36.jpg?w=587

I would still like to see if anyone used trans-clear as a comparison though...

The file is in the first post. :)

Tried to open it in the Lego software thingy and it says something about licence issues :(

As I don't have a clue how to use the Lego thing. Do we have a list of the parts used for the roof rack thats different from 1 to 1a?