Sign in to follow this  
Captain Fortune

The Soldier's Fort 2.0

Hi!

I present to you The Soldier's Fort 2.0. This MOC is in fact an alternate model from 6242 "Soldier's Fort". Let me explain some characteristics about it:

- I always agreed with our friend and user in this forums Steve, who imagined a typical fort when he heared for a first time about the 6242. I really love that set but to be honest, it is not a fort, it is a harbor. I missed a defensive building for the Imperial Guards in the 2009-2010 wave.

- As you can see, I maintained the structures from the original set, but I changed totally the design to create a closed fort.

- I only used the original pieces from the original set. I only added some complements (minifigs and accessories) but the structure is 100% from the 6242.

- I wanted to use the original little blue base plates to form a 26x24 surface for the reason above, but use one base plate if you have it, it will be more stable.

- I completed the Fort with some minifigs and the sets 8396 Soldier's Arsenal, and 6239 Cannon Battle.

- Try to add another cannon under the blue roof, you will have all your flanks covered!

Thank you very much, I hope I have given some ideas for you!

WP_20140616_004.jpg

WP_20140616_002.jpg

WP_20140616_003.jpg

WP_20140616_001.jpg

Edited by Captain Fortune

Nice MOD! I really like how you're seamlessly incorporated the original set into this (much better looking) alternate model. Only one thing: Those walls might need to be a bit higher, we wouldn't want any bluecoat cannons getting into such a pretty fort! pirate_laugh_new.gif

It reminds me to 6263 Imperial Outpost, but in a current version. I don´t like 6263, but I do like your little fort a lot. I hope something like that will be available next year plus a Eldorado Fortress-style-set.

Great work, thanks for posting.

Edited by Matthias130182

Nice MOD, especially since you've only used parts of 6242 thumbup.gif

Like Matthias, it also reminds me of 6263, but I liked that set pirate_laugh2.gif

Looking forward to see something like this as a medium set for the next pirate wave.

Good work,

keep it up!

Nice MOD! I really like how you're seamlessly incorporated the original set into this (much better looking) alternate model. Only one thing: Those walls might need to be a bit higher, we wouldn't want any bluecoat cannons getting into such a pretty fort! pirate_laugh_new.gif

You're right, I'll try but it won't be easy, don't forget that I only want to use the pieces from the set! pirate_laugh2.gifpirate_laugh2.gif