Sign in to follow this  
droomangroup

MOC: Park Ranger Crew Cab Truck

i'm working on a series of photos of trucks and other various Lego vehicles around my hometown of Moab UT. Since Moab is home to two national parks, one state park, one BLM park and endless BLM land, park rangers are a common site. in fact two of my neighbors are rangers. so naturally i needed a ranger truck.

W2q4qRp.jpg

the truck is pretty basic, i just wanted to make a crew cab sized truck with a green stripe. since i have my own vinyl cutter and had some scrap gold vinyl i made a NPS sticker for the doors. i'm pretty happy with how the decals turned out. unfortunately it's hard to cut really small so cutting out words like RANGER would be impossible at that size.

jlCkkGa.jpg

cQop4iX.jpg

eUlJwQL.jpg

of course i needed some rangers to go with it. the sherif torso is good enough, the hats and smiling faces help it out. really i think it would be a fun line of City sets. i'm a bit tired of the Police sets and I think a Park Ranger line could be a cool alternative. you'd get the same vehicles, boats, helicopters, trucks, etc, but instead of chasing bad guys they could be helping animals, rescuing hikers, or guiding park visitors.

Good looking Truck! I think the indented kick plate is a lovely detail and the front end is especially well done.

Love it! I worked for the US Forest Service for several years, and have been waiting for enough "Sand Green" pieces to appear to make a fire engine. One tip for your rangers: they wear green pants. Awesome work!

since i only had two pairs of dark green pants and one was on Mr. Burns, i had to do a little bricklinking to get these guys up to spec for their uniforms. thanks again for the tip Htrag!

xHJbOVH.jpg

Thanks darwinquincy :classic: I agree the pants definitely make it. I can't believe I didn't realize that before. I guess the only time I see rangers they're in their trucks, in a booth, or behind a counter so I didn't notice the pants, luckily Htrag set me straight.

Nice build! How did you make the emblem/shield on the side of the truck?

Thanks, I made it with a vinyl cutting machine I have. It's not exactly the purist route, but it works for what i need. :classic: