-Carson Haupt-

Ch II: Team Simon: Cat B: Dark Wings

My dearest Cassius,

We are still in the tower. Since the first night, when the black ship was spotted, we haven't been attacked, but many of our men are dead or dying. I believe it is because they handled the dead orcs. I warned them to burn them, but they threw them into the water instead. Now, the pestilence is creeping through even my own body.

I am old, Cassius. You know that. I have been old for a long time, since you were a child. I can feel that it is almost my time to go through that great door we call death. Do not grieve for me, for where I am going, I shall never be old again. These shall most likely be my final words to you, words so precious I shudder to think of entrusting them to the care of this bird. Do not fear. No matter what happens, be brave. If Avalonia falls, so be it. Everything is being orchestrated for a reason, Cassius. Do not fear.

Farewell, Alfred

14444458893_27fa452d51_c.jpg

14422985192_76bca81df4_c.jpg

14423144614_171b52b728_c.jpg

14420934451_56af4cd8b0_c.jpg

14420936991_6a74ed0f13_c.jpg

14420938911_42920b03ba_c.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quite frankly, I love everything about this build. The photography sucks (I don't have access to my normal camera), but I think it might be one of my best builds so far. I originally planned for this to be a mountain top, but when I placed it on a blue baseplate to make sure it fit the limit, it just screamed island. So I ordered up some trans black bricks, (greatly underestimating how many), and made up some water. This is supposed to be a ruined tower build on an islet in the Mystic Isles that has recently been repaired. I'd also like to claim the following credits:

Still water

Wall technique #1

Window Frames

C&c welcome, as always!

Wow, very nice build Carson! I like the dark atmosphere you created without using lots of black pieces. Great job!

Very melancholy and great atmosphere. +1 for wall techniques and window framing, I can't see enough of the water to award a credit for that at the moment. Very powerful build!

I like how you achieved this decayed look.

Furthermore the details with the heads are cool and the colors work in general pretty good :)

Brick on!

Nice tower, I like the use of trans black as water.

Thanks! It a simple technique but I think it effectively conveys the feel I wanted.

Wow, very nice build Carson! I like the dark atmosphere you created without using lots of black pieces. Great job!

Thank you! I decided to use dark bley to give it a damp feel, glad I did!

Awesome! Really gives a feeling of foreboding!

Thanks! That was the idea! Glad you picked up on it!

Great stonework and windows. +1 for the credits

Thanks!

Very melancholy and great atmosphere. +1 for wall techniques and window framing, I can't see enough of the water to award a credit for that at the moment. Very powerful build!

Thanks! I agree there isn't very much water, I underestimated how much it would take.

I like how you achieved this decayed look.

Furthermore the details with the heads are cool and the colors work in general pretty good :)

Brick on!

Thanks! I think the colors blend nicely too.

The windows are cool! I like the ruins.

Thanks!

Very nice build Carson! :thumbup: The stonework on the tower is great, although i do feel that you may have overused the 2x2 tiles a fraction. (1x2 often look better) I really like the path and small jetty as well. The story is quite moving and showing the carrier bird at the moment of release reinforces it's pathos very powerfully in the build.

UoP +1 for Wall technique and window frames, but i'm with Robuko on the water - nice idea, but there just isn't enough of it.

+1 on the wall and windows, but I agree with Gabe and robuko, there isn't enough water.

Very cool stonework, and I like the wood top to the tower. I do think it could be a little taller and a picture showing the whole build at once would be nice. The trees and landscape are excellent and fit the mood of the scene well :thumbup:

Awesome moc CH, awesome texturing and details on the tower!! Regarding CC, if I were you I wouldnt use the folliage on the trees stuck each one above the other, but thats me. :wink:

Nice tower! I like how the small wooden tower is built on the ruins :classic: Many nice details and overall color use.

I'd like to point out two things with the photography that could be improved: At least one picture should have shown the whole build, and you should correct the white balance as in some pics the background looks almost red (which also affects all the colors).

UoP +1 for the windows and wall technique, but I would also have liked to see some more of the water to give you that credit (a pic of the whole build would have done the job).

I don't know how I missed this build earlier, but now that I've seen it I'm in love with it :wub: Lighter pictures would have helped, but at least everything is still clearly visible. I actually really like the 2x2 tiles. It's not common to see and you've used them well I think. Your story is also great and I love how it fits within the story line right now.

Very cool Carson, lots of details to enjoy. I too would have liked to see a pic of the whole build in frame, still there's much to appreciate here. The tower is nice but I really enjoy that makeshift wooden structure added to the top. Good work!

Very nice! Interesting design with the wooden section built over the ruined stone....

Very nice build Carson! :thumbup: The stonework on the tower is great, although i do feel that you may have overused the 2x2 tiles a fraction. (1x2 often look better) I really like the path and small jetty as well. The story is quite moving and showing the carrier bird at the moment of release reinforces it's pathos very powerfully in the build.

UoP +1 for Wall technique and window frames, but i'm with Robuko on the water - nice idea, but there just isn't enough of it.

Thanks! I agree 1x2 are a lot more commonly used, but I liked the bulky feel.

+1 on the wall and windows, but I agree with Gabe and robuko, there isn't enough water.

Thanks! That's seems to be the consensus.

I forgot to give you credits! +1 on all but the water. There just isn't enough.

Haha thanks!

so amazing ! nice crows.

Thanks ryanhua!

Very cool stonework, and I like the wood top to the tower. I do think it could be a little taller and a picture showing the whole build at once would be nice. The trees and landscape are excellent and fit the mood of the scene well :thumbup:

Thanks! What part do you mean to be taller? Also, I took like ten but they were all crap so I didn't include any.

Awesome moc CH, awesome texturing and details on the tower!! Regarding CC, if I were you I wouldnt use the folliage on the trees stuck each one above the other, but thats me. :wink:

Thanks! I just wanted small bushy trees, as there wouldn't be much room and I pictured it being buffeted with wind almost constantly.

Nice tower! I like how the small wooden tower is built on the ruins :classic: Many nice details and overall color use.

I'd like to point out two things with the photography that could be improved: At least one picture should have shown the whole build, and you should correct the white balance as in some pics the background looks almost red (which also affects all the colors).

UoP +1 for the windows and wall technique, but I would also have liked to see some more of the water to give you that credit (a pic of the whole build would have done the job).

Thanks! I appreciate your tips!

I don't know how I missed this build earlier, but now that I've seen it I'm in love with it :wub: Lighter pictures would have helped, but at least everything is still clearly visible. I actually really like the 2x2 tiles. It's not common to see and you've used them well I think. Your story is also great and I love how it fits within the story line right now.

Thanks a lot! Glad someone likes the 2x2s!

Very cool Carson, lots of details to enjoy. I too would have liked to see a pic of the whole build in frame, still there's much to appreciate here. The tower is nice but I really enjoy that makeshift wooden structure added to the top. Good work!

Thanks! Yeah, I like the wooden part too.

Nice Job Carson. The texture of the walls looks great.

Thanks!

Very cool tower!!! Nice how you did the walls :classic:

Thanks man!

Very nice! Interesting design with the wooden section built over the ruined stone....

Much appreciated! I thought they wouldn't have time to build with stone, so I just made quick wooden repairs.

@Carson: I was referring to the tower itself, giving it a bit more height would make it seem more tower-like. Though with this particular tower seeming rather dilapidated and crumbling it doesn't have to be as tall as a normal tower :classic:

@Carson: I was referring to the tower itself, giving it a bit more height would make it seem more tower-like. Though with this particular tower seeming rather dilapidated and crumbling it doesn't have to be as tall as a normal tower :classic:

Ah, I see what you mean. That probably would have helped.