Sign in to follow this  
scippio

Just bought more LEGO!

I just bought a few more sets last night... pretty excitied. I got the forbidden island, broadsides brig and lagoon lockup :)

have any of you guys reciently purchased more sets?

I shall present to you the Which Pirate LEGO sets do you have? thread. This is where we discuss our new purchases so I'll probably merge this thread with that thread - unless you need an entirely new discussion about the sets you've purchased.

But anyway... I'll the discussion about them...

What condition were they in?

I shall present to you the Which Pirate LEGO sets do you have? thread. This is where we discuss our new purchases so I'll probably merge this thread with that thread - unless you need an entirely new discussion about the sets you've purchased.

But anyway... I'll the discussion about them...

What condition were they in?

oh, quite sorry about posting in the wrong spot.

the condition is pretty good, by my standards compaired to all of my original sets..haha...

forbidden island:

the baseplate has some whiteout type marks showing where the foundation should go, apparently someone can not count! as well, the treasure chest's hinges are not in working order so the lid does not stay on the box when opened.

lockup lagoon:

the jail casing is grey instead of white and one of the wheels on the cannon is missing... which i do not mind too much as i think one of those 360* movement plates are better for the set and ive used that instead.

Broadsides brig:

everything is there, even the instructions!

...... of my original 8 sets i have 3 instruction booklets and none are in good condition, and unfortunatly im missing pieces left right and square for all of my sets pirates or otherwise

forbidden island:

the baseplate has some whiteout type marks showing where the foundation should go, apparently someone can not count!

Mine has that as well, I believe Lego printed it in the first place. Apparently they thought we are all unable to count! :-D

I bought the Knight Bus, very cute, *wub*

I especially like how the beds slide back and forth. X-D

I don't much like the bottomless driver, it is meant to be Ernie isn't it?

then where may i ask is Stan? :(

have any of you guys reciently purchased more sets?

As a matter of fact, I did! I bought the SES, Sabre Island, Renegade Runner and Lagoon luck op not so long ago from eBay, the sails of the Renegade Runner are not in such a good condition, but the rest was quite good.

But I wonder, Mr Scippio

I bought the Knight Bus, very cute,*wub*

I especially like how the beds slide back and forth. X-D

do you mean Pirate sets only? Since you posted this in the Pirate Forum I guess you did, but pparently it wasn't clear to Miss Iz. And now it isn't clear to me either! :-D

Mr Tiber

Edited by Mr Tiber

oh, quite sorry about posting in the wrong spot.

It doesn't matter so much. We can always merge the thread or do something with it should it fail to succeed.

Do you have pictures of these sets you've just bought?

I bought the Knight Bus, very cute,*wub*

Stan Shunpike is in the bus, there's no Ernie Prang (shame on You Tlc)

I saw a picture of a selfmade Ernie with the head from Doctor Killroy and a purple trouser, It looked well enough ;-)

Edited by Wout

Mr Iz? Good Lord, that''s just plain insulting.

Is that really Stan? Why is he driving then? that is awfully confusing. i want a better hair piece for harry too, its too big, makes him look a little bit retarded.

Edited by phred

While this is appreciated, Mr. Cutlass, this is the Pirate Forum ;-) . If you want to discuss the night bus... you may want to make a new thread in the "Theater Forum".

I could always do up some pictures if you guys really really want them..hahaha

... infact i think i might do just that tomarrow if im not working again... lol

I did infact mean pirate lego but anything goes alsong as theres an emphasis on the pirate lego I figure.

I've started to merge my ninja sets and my pirate sets into one big world of piratedom so I think ill need to make a ninja pirate boat sometime in the future... ive also got a jedi as quartermaster on one of my ships, i think he got lost in a wormhole a long long time ago in a galaxy far far away which caused his x-wing fighter to be left with 1 partial wing, 1 engine, the front nose and the canopy glass... which is now taken over by my islanders.... lol

That sucks to hear about your sails mister phis, how do you like your saber island set??? ... i think that was the frist lego set i ever got way back in the day when i was 5 or something, before kindergarten thats forsure... so whenever that was.. lol, back with teenage mutant ninja turtles were cool

oh i be so sorry t' be havin' interupted yer special wee post. i jus' thought bein' a pirate fan an' all that i could enter me opinions an' share a wee about me life. but seein' its jus' nay good enough fer th' likes o' ye. i`ll be off. :-O

I don't want to become off hard here, but you were talking about Harry Potter in a Pirate forum.

I don't want to become off hard here, but you were talking about Harry Potter in a Pirate forum.

abandon all posts, we're taking on water

AAAAARrrrr , didn't ye know tis forbidden to be speaking of the Harry Potters round yonder? He's just not human I tells ya. I once seen him flyin' bout like a pansy through the air on a broomstick by god. Saw it with me own eye, I did. Tisn't natural that. You'se best be thinking 'fore opening your mouth round here m'lad.

On a more thread related note I've spent heaps on Lego in the last couple months.

BSB, RBR , EF, Skull island , armada sentry, all with boxes and instructions.

7 kilo's random stuff. Had some complete town sets and a few pirate spares.

20 odd kilo collection. Has a pirates ambush and lots of ninja sets as well as heaps of town. Still sorting through it before I start building.

Another 7 kilo lot. Had some old 12v train and a few complete town sets.

Edited by phred

TMNT are still cool!

Ever since I moved my Paypal funding from my mum's credit card to my bank account I can't buy half as much random stuff off eBay :(. As a result, haven't bought much recently, just keeping an eye out for bargains.

And hello to ye all in the pirate forum!

I've started to merge my ninja sets and my pirate sets into one big world of piratedom so I think ill need to make a ninja pirate boat sometime in the future...

Are you aware of the Ninja vs Pirate meme? I can link you to some information if you're not.

That sucks to hear about your sails mister phis, how do you like your saber island set??? ... i think that was the frist lego set i ever got way back in the day when i was 5 or something, before kindergarten thats forsure... so whenever that was.. lol, back with teenage mutant ninja turtles were cool

Mister Phis? You mean Mr Tiber?

That sucks to hear about your sails mister phis, how do you like your saber island set??? ... i think that was the frist lego set i ever got way back in the day when i was 5 or something, before kindergarten thats forsure...

Ehh, Mister Phis? NVM! :-P. Well, in case you did mean to say my name, I really enjoy my Sabre Island! I like to combine lagoon lock up with the Sabre Islands. A great set for the beginning LEGO pirate collector!

Mr Iz? Good Lord, that's just plain insulting.

How come? Are you a lady then? 8-|

Mr Tiber

Edited by Mr Tiber

I haven't boought any pirate Lego recently, or rather any Lego at all. But my last purchase was for a Pirate MOC...set.

Are you aware of the Ninja vs Pirate meme? I can link you to some information if you're not.

Mister Phis? You mean Mr Tiber?

haha, sorry mr tiber and mister phes! .... how are you combining the saber island and lagoon lockup? anything novel ?

and no mr phes i do not know about the ninja vs pirate meme ... whats a meme? (i also have not heard of any ninja and pirate lego combining before either)

I've been trying to buy some new pieces off of craigslist.com but it seems anyone who posts an ad there sees their lego sold within 24hours of posting! ... its pretty hectic if i do say so myself and im not interested in purchasing bulk amounts of lego like some of you guys..haha.... on a side note, how do you know what sets you have in your bulk purchase if the seller does not know what sets are all included (which seems to be a common theme)

How come? Are you a lady then? 8-|

Mr Tiber

I would have though that my picture and the name would have given that away already.

Yes, yes i am a lady. :'-)

a lady that loves pirates and pirate lego, *wub* (and harry potter lego too... >:-( so there!!!)

what special ladies club?

i'm sure i'd much rather hang with the lads in here tho... or am i not allowed?

You're perfectly allowed. :capn: . Anyone is.

why thank ye kind sir, i appreciate yer kindness X-D