I want to make this, but I hate copying people, so the instructions would be very much helpful, I also want to make a custom bionicle figure to represent Link from the Legend of Zelda series of video games

does anyone know if these parts come in brown? (Epona from the Legend of Zelda is brown)

Edited by Buddy010702

I want to make this, but I hate copying people, so the instructions would be very much helpful, I also want to make a custom bionicle figure to represent Link from the Legend of Zelda series of video games

does anyone know if these parts come in brown? (Epona from the Legend of Zelda is brown)

Buddy,

There are no instructions or parts list for the Galloping Horse.

I (and other people) have successfully reverse engineered it from Touthomme's excellent video. It is a wonderful model, well worth the effort.

All the parts are fairly readily available in white but some of them are not available at all in brown and many of the others are rare/expensive. The hooves (55095) are only available in white or black.

Good luck,

John

So, it only took me, like, 11 months, but I finally put together instructions for this model. :)

Huge thanks to autoreverse and Ben Gee (don't think he's on here) who both sent me reverse engineered digitial versions of their models, which motivated me to (eventually) put these together.

I redesigned it quite a bit for these instructions, to make it more accessible for people to build. I also made a lot of structural improvements, so it doesn't fall apart when you blow on it. :)

The instructions include an alternate design for the feet, but it's easy enough to use the original Piraka heads if you have them or can source them. I also simplified the design of the head, mostly getting rid of the taper towards the nose, to use less uncommon parts. I definitely prefer the original design on both counts, but I realize not everyone is interested in hunting down uncommon parts. Those who are motivated can easily figure out the original designs for both. None of the core mechanism has changed.

The building instructions, parts list, and more information can be found on my website: http://jkbrickworks.com/kinetic-horse-instructions/

horseSide-768x480.jpg

Edited by touthomme

Thanks for creating the instructions! Great work :thumbup: :thumbup:

Finally that huge pile of Bionicle parts tucked away in the corner proves to be useful for something (Piraka heads) :laugh:

Hi, does anyone have problems with downloading the PDF at JKBrickworks. "My Avast" warns me not to use this download because of dangers, and blocks Bricksafe. The LDraw-file gives no problems.

I have built this as soon as the instructions were available and I must say it is fantastic. Everyone who see's this is amazed that it is Lego. Definitely a keeper for my collection thank you for fantastic instructions and a great idea in so few Lego parts!!! 

On 5/16/2017 at 7:18 PM, Excal1bur said:

Hi, does anyone have problems with downloading the PDF at JKBrickworks. "My Avast" warns me not to use this download because of dangers, and blocks Bricksafe. The LDraw-file gives no problems.

You can also try downloading it directly from my website. Here's the direct link: http://jkbrickworks.com/lego/customs/1614/1614horseV2.pdf

On 5/16/2017 at 10:05 PM, AFOLegofan66 said:

I have built this as soon as the instructions were available and I must say it is fantastic. Everyone who see's this is amazed that it is Lego. Definitely a keeper for my collection thank you for fantastic instructions and a great idea in so few Lego parts!!! 

Thanks! Glad you liked it!

J