mccoyed

[MOC] Edge of Tomorrow: Cage and Rita vs. A Mimic

Not sure if anyone else has seen this movie, but it is fantastic and I wanted to do a build inspired by it immediately after I watched it. I'm not completely satisfied with the Mimic (pics of them are extraordinarily hard to find online), but I really like how the Newjackets (exoskeletons) turned out.

14227263447_82f5109850.jpg

Overview of the MOC.

14227101188_7c2a6bd45a.jpg

From the rear.

14412551784_5c251568f0.jpg

Close-up of Rita, the Angel of Verdun (Emily Blunt).

14413702765_1eb158dcd7.jpg

Close-up of Cage (Tom Cruise).

I haven't seen this film, but I like your MOC! The use of octagonal plates is really cool!

ahaahahhahaha!!! So cute! i've seen the movie this monday and your moc really gives the right feel of the action.

i think you could add some more tentacles to the mimic by the way, to make it more accurate.

love it anyway. both moc and movie.

Thanks guys!

@genecyst: I ran out of pieces to make more with. Later I found more. If I do another MOC of EoT, I'll be sure to make a more tentacled mimic.

Thanks guys. I hope everyone sees this movie as it is excellent. One of the best scifi action movies all year.

You live in the States and you didn't hear of a new Tom Cruise movie? That's honestly surprising.

I know it has been a year since this was posted, but I have to say, this is amazing! Small tip for the mimics, try this part

4492779.jpg

And this part

4175014.jpg

If I was going to do it again, I'd definitely use those. I'd also de-bulk the Newjackets just a tad maybe, though they're supposed to be pretty bulky.