marcosbessa

[MOC] Ghostbusters 1959 Black Cadillac Miller-Meteor

During the development of the Ecto-1 for LEGO Ideas (former Cuusoo) I couldn't keep myself from creating the original 1959 black Cadillac that got turned into one of the most iconic movie vehicles of the silver screen. This is a very easy MOD that any fan of the movies can make, only having to basically swap the color of the exterior elements and clean up the top of the car.

14412428845_3dce571f3b_c.jpg

Feel free to navigate on my Flickr for more shots: https://www.flickr.c...in/photostream/

Awesome, immediately comes to mind the classic Springsteen song "Cadillac Ranch" ... Cadillac, Cadillac, long shiny and black... and the days when my grandfather would buy a new Caddy every year

So straightforward, but such a great idea! For a second I thought that the lighting was making some of the black parts look dark grey... then I laughed at myself when I realised they actually ARE dark grey to simulate the patched and primed (but unpainted) parts of the bodywork!!

ecto-1_primer.jpg

Very nice modification, which is pretty easy for us to carry out as well. Just have to change the outer parts with the matching bricks, and we will get a black and grey Cadillac or even change to other colours as well. Thank you for sharing.

I copied this the other day but decided to change it to all black. My daughter saw it and declared it "Batgirl's Car" so I quickly and dodgily added some fins :)

black.jpg

j1RBH56l.jpg

ROFL. Beautiful MOC. WetWired would probably know better than me, but wasn't Ecto-1 originally supposed to be a modified black hearse? They switched it to the white Ambulance scheme when it was felt that black was too dark, was not showing up well on film, and as such caused some problems with the planned effects? (Most of which got abandoned anyway when they decided to take away the cars planned special abilities.)

Looks Epic I may gather them piece from LEGO's Part service if I had the chance I may not get all four dumbells once I look at the car more to see what side don't have those hubcaps on. This would be a great addition to the Ghostbusters Set Like one can recreate the Original movie in legos with this!

If possible I would love a LDD Version of this so I could build it.

Edited by Prince Manic

ROFL. Beautiful MOC. WetWired would probably know better than me, but wasn't Ecto-1 originally supposed to be a modified black hearse? They switched it to the white Ambulance scheme when it was felt that black was too dark, was not showing up well on film, and as such caused some problems with the planned effects? (Most of which got abandoned anyway when they decided to take away the cars planned special abilities.)

It's actually mentioned in the instructions for the set if I'm not mistaken, it was supposed to teleport through walls and be black with purple lights.

That's cool man... I'd love to build the cadillac in pre-ecto stage with all the primer spots... But a clean hearse would also be awesome. Oh, and I gotta give the batmobile/hearse a try too! :laugh: