The use of pneumatic in this really nice. It reminds one of those "egg" diggers, as my son calls them. I think you captured the shape quite well. I wonder what would be price per piece for such set. For me it would be good way to get some pneumatics.

Thanks. I still have some improvements to make to get it where I would like though. My guess is that with a turn table, tracks, a weighted block and a not inconsiderable amount of pneumatics the price per piece would be quite high. However, those parts are what I call the good stuff, while beams and pins are just filler. I would rather spend £20 for a 200 piece set which has lots of "the good stuff" than spend £15 on a 200 piece set that's just lots of pins and beams. That's just my preference :classic: .

Edited by allanp

Small update. Have made a better seat that's blue and is closer in size and shape to real life mini digger seats. The seat has fold down arm rests but they don't look right when folded down so I'm ignoring that "feature". It uses more parts so I redesigned the roof to use less parts and have a sleeker look. I have also added some bigger lights to make them more prominent and hopefully add a little more charm and realism to the model. It's still exactly 200 pieces.

20140620_202100.jpg

Edited by allanp

Maybe a door could replace that yellow bendable axle?

Apart from that, I would say it's just like the real thing, and I would buy that set if it ever came out.

It has all the 'right stuff' in it.

Yes, I like it and I want it. Cabin looks much better now. Love the details.

Any chance there will be an LDD-file for this :)

Thanks guys.

Here's the ldd file for the current version.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/radbot/online/Mini-digger/mini_digger_2.lxf

ldd doesn't have any pneumatic parts so I have substituted them for others. It should be easy enough to tell which. The part count is 189, add the 11 hoses and that makes 200. Only problem is that the turn table counts as a single part. The rules of this contest say that a turn table is two parts. If that's true then I will need to loose a part from somewhere. But it is strange, why is a pre built turntable 2 parts, where as a pre built LA is only one part?

Thanks guys.

Here's the ldd file for the current version.

http://www.brickshel...ni_digger_2.lxf

ldd doesn't have any pneumatic parts so I have substituted them for others. It should be easy enough to tell which. The part count is 189, add the 11 hoses and that makes 200. Only problem is that the turn table counts as a single part. The rules of this contest say that a turn table is two parts. If that's true then I will need to loose a part from somewhere. But it is strange, why is a pre built turntable 2 parts, where as a pre built LA is only one part?

Maybe lose the 'armrests'

It looks great. The redesign of the cabin is wonderful and the seat looks so much better. Just leave the armrests up like that, so you get a nice rounded seat. I can't believe that this is still just 200 parts! Job well done!!!

Thank you :classic: although if we are counting the turntable as two parts then it's 201 pieces right now.

Ok guys, it's done.

img_0335c.jpg

Counting the turntable as 2 pieces it is now 199 parts.

img_0369.jpg

It has full control of the digging arm in all three axis from the drivers seat and a large range of motion.

img_0322.jpgimg_0324.jpg

It also has manual slewing and rubber tracks. It's pneumatic functions are powerful and fun to play with. It digs loose things like a pile of connector pegs, rice or flour very effectively and also has a compact but powerful look to it.

img_0306.jpg

img_0311.jpg

And it's small enough to hitch a ride :thumbup:

img_0329.jpg

So there's my entry guys. Hope you like it enough to vote for me :grin:.

Yup!

20140613_162653.jpg

[snip]

Wow that's quite the LEGO studio! I ought to take some notes for organizing my own collection of parts.

Great little digger, by the way. The redesign really payed off; it's quite sleek and functional! :thumbup:

So there's my entry guys. Hope you like it enough to vote for me :grin:.

I would of if it had been using LA's,pneumatics are for juniors who cannot route a drive-train through there model. :tongue:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

I would of if it had been using LA's,pneumatics are for juniors who cannot route a drive-train through there model. :tongue:

:laugh::blush:

Updated lxf file:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/radbot/online/Mini-digger/mini_digger_3.lxf

The part count in the file is 187. If you count the turn table as 2 pieces and add the 11 hoses that makes 199 pieces. The valves are represented by 3M dark grey beams, the pump by a black gear rack and the cylinders by 9M yellow beams. I bet you'll all be clamouring to build this now :laugh: