The smaller version is definitely better in my opinion. It looks much less "open", and the use of colors is better as well (more gray, less black). Great build, well done :)

Edited by Erik Leppen

It's definitely one of my favorites. Yet i feel it misses some of the 'facial expression' of the original. This one looks a bit clueless.

need to see all three together now - the original the mini and the micro version!

Here you go...

14449359273_b755574286_c.jpg

8852 Redux-5b by Barman76, on Flickr

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

I'm still think about making a better steering that comes close to the original.

Thanks buddy.

I haven't been here a wail, but there are some very interesting (new) mini models entered. Competition will be tough!

It really brings out the best in builders. 200 parts is really a challenge, don't think to lightly about it!

Hello everyone,

The deadline is approaching so time the pick up this project.

Last week I finally had an idea how to make the steering functional. I had a solution, but this was very bulky and the model lost a lot of it's cuteness. The steeing is basicly the same as the original set, with a steering pin behind the cabin/head.

14674406483_d158d3f735_c.jpg

8852 Redux-6a by Barman76, on Flickr

14467810810_61447ee9b1_c.jpg

8852 Redux-6b by Barman76, on Flickr

The solution is actually very simple, but nice.

14654481505_48209b3902_c.jpg

8852 Redux-6c by Barman76, on Flickr

I have already taken photo's for the presentation. Now I need to make time for the edditing process. This is the hard part and not me speciality. I have a nice plan to demonstrate all the functions. For this I need a photo editor program that I don't have and need to learn the software, which takes time...

The photo with all the parts is also done and it just under the 200. With 197 parts in total.

I really like your steering mechanism. It's very...out of the box!

Recently I have been working on a Mini model myself for which I needed a compact steering mechanism. I would have never thought of rotating the rack by 90 degrees. I guess that sets apart the gifted builders from the mediocre ones :laugh::thumbup:

Very cool steering solution, I like the Mini even more now that it has that function from his big brother too and in the same style no less :classic:

I'm so glad you added steering, and in the same way as the original going through the body as you open close it.. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Very nice to see the 90 degree change to the rack.... What happened to the hero factory hands? :grin:

Thanks guys.

I guess that sets apart the gifted builders from the mediocre ones :laugh::thumbup:

Mediocre ones come up with good idea's all the time. The gifted learn form them as well :laugh:

What happened to the hero factory hands? :grin:

If you mean the thing in the back ground, that is a arm module for a star fighter thingy transformer. This is one of my first arm prototypes which has been laying around for a couple of years now. About 2 weeks ago I was playing with it and decided to make the left one as well to see the bigger picture. It was just in the frame. I have quit a view of (old) idea's laying on the corner of my desk...

Poeh... Cutting it a bit close, but finally was able to make the official entry.

14786224301_22c7f36878_b.jpg

Mini 8852 by Barman76, on Flickr

14809213023_25fb49bf9f_b.jpg

IMG_7763 by Barman76, on Flickr

I am very happy with the end result of the promo photo.

This is for me the first time I edited photo's using layers an other neat stuff. This toke a lot of hours getting to know the program and even more time editing all the photo's.

Getting the photo's right wasn't as easy as I though. There have been many re-shoots to get the different photo to overlay properly. Fixing the back axle and steering was a great help in reducing the movement of the car during transformation.

Thanks to Jim and the rest of the Eurobricks team for making this possible and :thumbup: :thumbup: for all the great entries, making this competition a smashing success :sweet:

Nice work!

It's going to be a toght job choosing between all those lovely entries.

So true. Each day I had a new favorite and seeing this great entry I am lost again :wacko:

@Barman: Exceptional entry!! And your promotional image is spot on. Marvelous job :thumbup:

I am very happy with the end result of the promo photo.

Completely justified :thumbup:

Thanks to Jim and the rest of the Eurobricks team for making this possible and :thumbup: :thumbup: for all the great entries, making this competition a smashing success :sweet:

No thanks. It's MOCs like yours take make it worth every minute of our time :sweet:

Thanks guys.

Yes, it's going to be difficult choosing the best entry, there are so many awesome models. I do have a couple of favorites, but still it's a hard choice.

Tonight I will start making building instructions for the mini robot.

Depending on to time I have (still have a lot to do for the upcoming events), but It would be great if I could build a couple of models and show them on Skaerbaek and Legoworld the Netherland.

I think you made an error in length measurment, its 15,4 cm?

Very perceptive :thumbup:

I think you made an error in length measurment, its 15,4 cm?

That's the problem with rushing thinks to get it done... :blush: Well spotted

For the people how want to build one there own, here is the LDD file link.

You mist replace the light gray 5L cross axle in the HOG steering with the cross axle with stop.

Edited by barman

Cool! I might have a crack at it this weekend :thumbup:

Barman, your part list doesn't match you model. You have replaced the shoulder joints with this one http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=15100. As we say in Holland "I will see it through the fingers" :wink:

Or you could photoshop the parts image to reflect the right BoM.

Barman, your part list doesn't match you model. You have replaced the shoulder joints with this one http://www.bricklink...em.asp?P=15100. As we say in Holland "I will see it through the fingers" :wink:

Or you could photoshop the parts image to reflect the right BoM.

I know, but this part is a bit ugly in the model. Last week I got the order in from Bricks&Pieces (S@H) with the new Technic parts and replaced the 2 pin connector with the 1 pin version. This part is too new for LDD so I used the older one. Most people will have this part. With this I am keeping the instructions with general parts. I am going to make a picture instructions on Flickr and there I will show that both parts can be used. It all depends on the builder what parts he/she has in his/her collection. I just give the options.

If you paid attention to my entry you see that I didn't redo the parts list with the new part. I just wasn't in the mood for that... :tongue: