My WIP design of what I think I'll be entering into the contest. I figured that it would be better to make a more compact model than make a bigger one which might feel a bit empty.

So what I've got so far is a mini Front Loader:

14211791227_0f1f8f2073_c.jpg

Functions are:

• Articulated steering, via the exhaust
  • Bucket raising, via worm gear control at the vehicle's rear
  • Bucket tipping via click hinge

Current part count is exactly 100. Now to build it with actual bricks... unless I decide to build something else :laugh:

Brilliant little model. You could make two and still be within the part limit, Buy one, get one free :grin:

What a great little model. Very impressive use of such a small number of pieces.

A perfect representation of mini technic spirit, perhaps the best entry I have seen by now. :thumbup:

Do I see a universal joint at the very bottom? I assume that's for the control at the back for the function of the arm, right? Is the control knob for that easily reachable? I'm asking, because right now it looks like it's very close to the ground. You might want to move that up using two 16t gears. There's room in the back for that.

Secondly, the windscreen seems to connected only at the top and only on one side, correct? I think it would be much better and more in the Lego spirit if it were connected at the bottom too. This is possible if you accept having a slanted roof (the 1x2 piece would be a leaning tiny bit forward) - replace the horizontal yellow 4x0.5 beams by 6x0.5 beams (I think black would be best).

For the rest, wonderful and very mini little model. Definitely official-set-worthy :)

... wonderful and very mini little model. Definitely official-set-worthy :)

Seconded!

Do I see a universal joint at the very bottom? I assume that's for the control at the back for the function of the arm, right? Is the control knob for that easily reachable? I'm asking, because right now it looks like it's very close to the ground. You might want to move that up using two 16t gears. There's room in the back for that.

Secondly, the windscreen seems to connected only at the top and only on one side, correct? I think it would be much better and more in the Lego spirit if it were connected at the bottom too. This is possible if you accept having a slanted roof (the 1x2 piece would be a leaning tiny bit forward) - replace the horizontal yellow 4x0.5 beams by 6x0.5 beams (I think black would be best).

For the rest, wonderful and very mini little model. Definitely official-set-worthy :)

The control knob shouldn't be too difficult to reach; I'll probably find a way to modify that in the next iteration.

The cab was something I'd already noted, that sounds like a good solution :classic:

EDIT:

Here we go, version 2.0 :classic:

Part count now stands at 103.

The cab has been fixed more sturdily, and the control knob has been elevated 2 studs. The latter required a bit more structural change at the back than I anticipated, there was not enough room for 16t gears so instead it uses 8t gears. This will probably be the version I build, I just need to source the parts out of my collection (most of it is built up).

14410246482_de3cd0714f_c.jpg

Edited by Wiseman_2

Well, I got around to building the real thing, and here it is:

14248420209_b06a0ff4a9_c.jpg

14455247863_0bf05984ef_c.jpg

Final part count is 103, and it features articulated steering (controlled by the exhaust stack), raising bucket (with raised control at the rear, easily accessible), and dumping bucket via click hinge :classic:

A comparison with actual Technic mini sets (the observant amongst you will notice I had to scavenge some parts... :blush: ):

14248455100_9a048fa4cf_c.jpg

And of course, the obligatory parts photo:

14435050725_da2aeca031_c.jpg

Well, I finally got around to photographing the model properly. I was considering adding a second vehicle , but I didn't feel I could do it justice with the part count. Also, I feel this does kind of fit the Mini aesthetic/description better.

14581397398_b5b4850397_b.jpg

That was also the first time I tried making a model look good in a photo... never had occasion to bother with an all-white background before, nor to use Photoshop to clean it up, not sure I did the best job :laugh:

And also my first physical contest entry, there are a lot of good entries in this contest so I hope it can stand up there with the rest :sweet:

You did very well! Not only with your model, but also with making a proper promotional image :thumbup:

It does indeed capture the essence of the contest.

Nice small creation! This is great, that it's at the scale of the other small technic sets!

It's not wise to post your email address on a public forum.