Dear all,

Hereby my entry for ch. II, Cat B, deGothias side. (Plague prevention)

In the City of Brevis, in the heart of Avalonie, the old city walls have been manned and the gates are watched vigilantly to ensure no spreading of the plague. Further, keen eyes scout the outskirts for any sign of the drow. Only locals are allowed to pass through the gates, and patrols have been increased on the walls.

14390417711_ee29f61c37_c.jpg

Within the walls, life goes on as ever, the locals seeing to their chores and duties. However, the rumours of plague have left a tense atmosphere over the city.

14393774235_fcf5141534_c.jpg

So far, no signs of the plague have been seen within the walls...

14370662746_b1aa837677_c.jpg

However, something is amiss. Young Peter is feeling ill, which has left its mark upon the porch of the family's house inside the walls. His aunt Marian rushes to clean up the mess.

Under the tense, nervous atmosphere, it takes very little to spark unrest.

14393780865_6a9c5b73b8_c.jpg

Distracted by a trader trying to force his way into the city, the guards fail to notice the gathering of an angry mob, spurred on by fear of the plague and the words of someone, who heard someone say, that young Peter may have caught sick with Plague.

14207199780_79235632d7_c.jpg

Armed with pitchforks, shovels and torches, they lay a temporary siege to the family's home. In the adrenaline rush someone throws a torch, lighting the haystack by the house,making the mob dissolve in seconds.

14393775555_711c4732eb_c.jpg

As evening falls, it becomes evident that haystack and thatched roof does not go well with fire...

EDIT: Sorry for photo quality. Comments and criticism welcome. Good luck all

EDIT 2: I would like to apply for the following UoP credits:

Landscape design - Trees.

Wall techniques - Half timbered tudor style

Anthropology - Life in Avalonia

Anthropology - Village scene

Edited by Bregir

Nice Castle Bregir! The road and the walls look great with the mixture of Dk. and Lt. Blueish Grey and Dk. Tan.

The yellow on the house looks a little bright. If you have the bricks maybe try using Medium Dk. Flesh or some other not as bright color.

Nice color variation with the walls. I agree that the yellow color may be to vibrant of a contrast though, but nice work

Nice job, the house with the thatched roof and the haystack looks good. I wonder what will happen..

Nice work Bregir! I really like the thatched roof of the cottage and brick-built door. :thumbup: The rearing horse underneath the archway makes for a dramatic shot too!

Nice work Bregir, quite the dramatic scene you have built here! Some nice stuff here, especially that gate and cobbled path. I would suggest some more detail work here and there - like a little more landscaping on those baseplates and perhaps some more texturing to the wall - but otherwise a good build!

A lot of action in your moc and I really like that!

I like the moc as well! HAs a classic castle touch to it with the yellow tudor house, yet mixed into the new school! Great work!

Lovely classic Castle feel to this build. I like the yellow house, and the thatched roof looks really good. The minifig posing is great, especially the horse and guards. A fantastic way to start the story!

Edited by robuko

Excellent wall design and the house inside looks very good :thumbup: The little tent for the guards is a neat touch :classic:

I like the tree, the arches on the front of the wall, and the yellow house. However, I think there is too much color variation on your wall. It goes from texture to overload pretty fast. But overall an excellent build!

Excellent story! I also like how you've packed a lot into this build - the house and the tree next to it have a lot of character. I would like to see a few tiles, like between the merlons of your wall, and maybe on your stone parapets, but that is just my opinion. Again, your story is excellent, and really made this entry for me.

Nice Castle Bregir! The road and the walls look great with the mixture of Dk. and Lt. Blueish Grey and Dk. Tan.

The yellow on the house looks a little bright. If you have the bricks maybe try using Medium Dk. Flesh or some other not as bright color.

Thank you! The yellow is quite normal for Tudor style houses in Denmark though - not lego-yellow bright, though. :tongue:

Very nice job! The city wall has a nice mix of colors on it, and I really like the fire effect coming up the house's corner.

Thank you - and yeah, I think the fire worked out quite well :blush:

Nice job, the house with the thatched roof and the haystack looks good. I wonder what will happen..

Thank you - I like the "haywork" too.

Nice work Bregir! I really like the thatched roof of the cottage and brick-built door. :thumbup: The rearing horse underneath the archway makes for a dramatic shot too!

Someone suggested making a brick-built door... :wink:

And yup - that shot turned out better than I expected!

Nice work Bregir, quite the dramatic scene you have built here! Some nice stuff here, especially that gate and cobbled path. I would suggest some more detail work here and there - like a little more landscaping on those baseplates and perhaps some more texturing to the wall - but otherwise a good build!

Thank you!

I completely agree about the landscaping - I have a tendency to put buildings on before I wonder about landscaping - which means it often becomes a little... half hearted.

Lovely classic Castle feel to this build. I like the yellow house, and the thatched roof looks really good. The minifig posing is great, especially the horse and guards. A fantastic way to start the story!

Thank you, Robuko. I am honoured to have been allowed to kick off this community build :)

Excellent story! I also like how you've packed a lot into this build - the house and the tree next to it have a lot of character. I would like to see a few tiles, like between the merlons of your wall, and maybe on your stone parapets, but that is just my opinion. Again, your story is excellent, and really made this entry for me.

Thank you - I do agree the walls look quite empty.

And I impressed my self with the number of scenes I could put into one build.

:laugh:

Further, I forgot to apply for UoP Credits :wacko:

Landscape design - Trees.

Wall techniques - Half timbered tudor style

Anthropology - Life in Avalonia

Anthropology - Village scene

+1 for everything except the Tudor style. I think you could do a better job with that; right now it's all studs up, no offset, more just brown and yellow stripes than actual tudor style... which works well enough for the build, but I think should be improved upon for credit!

Kai pretty much said it all - same here for me, UoP +1 on everything except the Tudor style walls.

very nice house! I love the hay as roofing technic!! The wall looks good as well thanks to the different colours :)

Excellent MOC and excellent story. +1 UoP DoH credit for Landscape design: Tree, Anthropology: Life in Avalonia, and Anthropology: Village scene. For the Wall techniques: Half timbered tudor style, I agree with the others - I'd like to see some diagonal timbers, offsets, etc. Great MOC though.

Sweet work there Bregir! Some nice details all over the moc! Only thing I would advice you is to shoot your MOC outside without flash. Good luck with the challenge!