JohZan

MOC:s: The Town Square & Small Park

Hello all fellow "Eurobricks" members!

Please note that this is my first topic, if I, not unlikely, make some mistakes. :wink:

This is also my first MOC:s ever, which I'm personally quit satisfied with.

I should apologize for the disturbing backlight in the pictures. :look:

Enjoy!

The Town Square

Since I have always loved the 7641 "City Corner" as well as the 3661 "Bank and Money Transfer" because of their City-ish look and quit cheap price I have for a long time thought of giving them a more stylish display on the outside as well a bit on the inside.

So, after some planning and building in LDD and order from PAB (made possible by "Superkalle" and his awesome LDD Manager) I finally could build this MOC.

dsc06818.jpg

Overview of the Town Square with two young oaks and some Royal Guards marching.

dsc06822.jpg

dsc06825.jpg

A small plantation box with some lovely flowers and a tree.

dsc06829.jpg

The inside of the repair shop with a young costumer.

dsc06834.jpg

The statue of some famous guy, perhaps the founder of the town.

dsc06835.jpg

The inside of the bank with some fancy wooden floor.

dsc06840.jpg

The pizzeria have a quit common black and white checkered floor.

The Park

I have as well made a small, quit romantic park, were all the LEGO-citizens can take a brake from the town's stress.

dsc06862.jpg

Overview of the park. I have used an oak, a birch tree and another tree which I don't really know what it could be.

dsc06868.jpg

dsc06871.jpg

Here you can see the small fountain from the 40052 "Springtime Scene", a bagpiper testing some new tunes and the evil mafia boss who's probably creating new diabolical plans. :laugh:

dsc06874.jpg

Here you can see the low wall that surrounds the park.

dsc06879.jpg

A romantic couple just entering the park.

dsc06884.jpg

The two flower boxes give a more rustic look to the MOC

This is all for me today thanks for watching and please leave a comment with your thoughts! Either :thumbup: or :thumbdown:. :laugh: You can find some more pictures of these MOC:s here (after they have been made public by Brickshelf), if you are interested.

Good details on the planters and I think a civic space like this would be a fine addition to any lego city!

Thanks for sharing it with us!

ok, I´ve been surprised here, I think the mafious is planning only what kind of pizza he would like, you know, the mafious are italians.

and about the MOC it´s very interesting, I like your park and the statue, and I think the statue of the founder would have a horse, only an idea

I think the statue of the founder would have a horse, only an idea

I have thought of that too, unfortunately I couldn't find any sets were you get a grey horse.

Wow, this is really good! I was expecting this to include the lego city town square. Anyways, this is very well made. The wall around the park is also amazing! Keep up the great work! :wink:

Those are the city corner buildings, not the town square set, though both have a bike shop and pizza joint.

Nice job with the park.

Those are the city corner buildings, not the town square set, though both have a bike shop and pizza joint.

You are absolutely right, I'm sorry for the confusion :look: Is it possible to change the name of a topic?

The town square looks great, especially the paving pattern. I also like how you've done the wall and front planter boxes for the small park.

Great job bringing the City Corner and Bank up to the standard other more elaborate buildings.It's nice to see a range of characters enjoying the lovely park, and the square serves very well to join them all together into an excellent overall MOC.