OK !! I'm starting this wip thread for my mini contest entry :classic:

my entry will be some kind of 6 wheeler car or truck. functionality is still undecided, I need to work on the body either a flat bed truck with something on the back or maybe a touring car with steering, plus it rolls well :classic:

so far I've got a reasonable chassis with about 50pcs minus the 2 middle support bumps but the body needs some improvement (heh)

and some pics...

m080101.jpg

m080102.jpg

m080104.jpg

m080106.jpg

a bit more effort to lower the cab height, next is better connect/cleanup and a bar for the minifigs to sit on. colors are a bit wacky i'm using 42009, 42023, 42024 as a base for pieces

piece count about 100 so far, which leaves another 100 for the backend, either an artillery piece BOOM BOOM :classic: or tilt-a-bed/ramps for trailer & also a small 6 wheeler racing car :classic:

m080108.jpg

phase 1 complete !! but of course too many pieces, the flatbed truck is about 200 & I didn't bother counting the artillery piece which uses the small turntable & can elevate. a bit clunky but good enough for my first technics model :classic:

phase 2 is downsizing, stay tuned !!

m080109.jpg

m080112.jpg

m080114.jpg

Well, it isn't exactly advanced...

How about doors and a steering wheel in the front,

Possibly connected to actual steering?

See my Offroad Racer or Eraman's Lawn Tractor for ideas on what to add, because right now, (sorry if I sound offensive)

your MINI project is probably the least functional so far

That's only because all the other entries are pretty high quality

Though the gun is cool, think of this project as something LEGO would make into an actual set

You have a lot of sets (saw your brickshelf), try using only one colour scheme, not all of them

Edited by anton1678

Well, it isn't exactly advanced...

How about doors and a steering wheel in the front,

Possibly connected to actual steering?

See my Offroad Racer or Eraman's Lawn Tractor for ideas on what to add, because right now, (sorry if I sound offensive)

your MINI project is probably the least functional so far

That's only because all the other entries are pretty high quality

Though the gun is cool, think of this project as something LEGO would make into an actual set

You have a lot of sets (saw your brickshelf), try using only one colour scheme, not all of them

thanks for looking :classic: yes colors are a problem because I only bought 3 technic sets & a few bricklink orders as a base. I'm not planning on spending too much more $$ on this hobby, I already sold the 12 city sets & after a year or so probably sell these sets too. yes functionality also an issue but I'm not sure I'll be adding much more than rolling wheels (wheee) and a movable gun on back. yes plenty of very good builders here but somebody has to represent the amateurs :classic:

thanks for looking :classic: yes colors are a problem because I only bought 3 technic sets & a few bricklink orders as a base. I'm not planning on spending too much more $$ on this hobby, I already sold the 12 city sets & after a year or so probably sell these sets too. yes functionality also an issue but I'm not sure I'll be adding much more than rolling wheels (wheee) and a movable gun on back. yes plenty of very good builders here but somebody has to represent the amateurs :classic:

Well said. :wink:

phase 2 done :classic: total pieces about 180 including gun & 3 minifigs, flatbed truck w/out gun & mfigs about 100. now plenty of time to decide what next, either downsize again & add some trickery or call it a wrap, disassemble & take the pieces pic...

m080201.jpg

m080204.jpg

m080205.jpg

Love the 'look' - needs steering though - lose the minifigs for the competition entry (4 pieces each) and should be able to keep the turret too

Edited by Rockbrick

Nice entry, but in light of the contest you need to lose the minifigs. Minifigs are simply not Technic, so they shouldn't be in an "official Technic Mini set".

oops, well the pieces are disassembled & I don't have time/motivation to rebuild (long whine here)

I suppose I could rub them out of the jpg pics but that would look goofy given my minimal mspaint skills

how about I claim that the minifigs are for promo photo only & not included in the piece count ?

or maybe just not worry about it given that my entry is not likely to be too competitive for 1st place ?

update:

so this is resolved, I sent some messages to Jim, my entry is OK as is, just not eligible for prizes, which works for me because I did actually build the thing etc and of course will appreciate your votes anyway :classic:

Edited by CNT2

[edit]

This post could be misinterpreted by some. I didn't mean anything negative by it. I'm sorry to anyone who feels it was offensive.

It's gone now.

[/edit]

Edited by W3ird_N3rd