Thanks for the info Zblj. :thumbup:

About the race, details, everything, ask me in pm, since I'm the main organizer of this event. Next time I'll make a topic, but it's a kind of special event. First, it was only a meeting with Mihai Dreve (Braker23 here), then Jernej joined us, and became an international event. :classic: I'm happy to see here large interesting, I'll be advertise here, if there will be another international TT meeting.

Agrof, Lipko and every hungarian builder: we have a well-working forum too, there are usually a topic for the forecoming TT events, competitions:

http://www.malug.hu/comxs/index.php

TT section: http://www.malug.hu/...forum.php?f=200

If you don't find, ask there in the last race's topic, or better ask me, because nowadays I'm the organizer of every TT.

And.. our TT club is private, it's a closed discussion (rules, location, day) usually, and we only publicize the advertisement (with final rules, etc.) of the race. We know about the possible participants, they are in the discussion. As I mentioned in our forum, everyone can join us, just ask us (me). I had to say, we haven't counted much with visitors until now, but I can promise, the future races will get a public topic, so everyone can join us, who wants. :classic:

Edited by Mbmc

Here's what I already worked on a few months ago, but I think now its mature enough to showcase

Gearbox.png

It may look simillar to Porsche's gearbox, but thats where resembelence ends. This flappy paddle gear selector uses pully wheels as its heart to switch and hold 6 gear positions.

It uses a total of seven rubber bricks:

- two to reset each paddle position (left + right = 4)

- two to guide the switching arms into the switching gear

- one to press down the technic beam with a flat panel onto the switching gear in order to hold position

I also installed a gear display which can be seen through the steering wheel. in order for steering wheel to work, I used several bewel gears to transfer torque across the switching axle.

The gearbox itself is not yet perfected, the gears are not yet in correct order, but you can see that it works very well here:

Of course the gearbox is designed for supercars and not for high torque applications.

Edited by Zblj

This is brilliant! I hope you will implement it in a fancy supercar :classic:

He is designing it for his Dominator supercar,watch his plan for 2016 video.

This is really neat! I like how you included the gear display, I might use that idea in the future if it's okay :classic:

I do have one question, the turning motion is coming out of the bottom so do you have a way of making it come out one side without lifting the mechanism up too much?

Ingenious paddle gear selecter! I love the idea of using belt wheels to obtain 6 positions. I'm looking forward to see how you are going to translate the 30 degree rotation steps to discrete shifting steps to engage the appropriate gears. And how are you going to make that compact? Guess I'll have to be patient... :wink:

Edited by Didumos69

That some great gear selector you have built there!

I also did came up for the idea to using the belt wheels to obtain 6 speeds instead of 4.

But I only did build a gearbox, not a gear selector.

As I wasn't sure if the whole thing would work precise enough I put it aside. I did have some doubts if it was possible to select two gears at one?

But after seeing your video I might give it another try.

Hi guys.

Lately I had a serious lack of motivation to build anything... I hope this is just a side effect on my active searching for employment abroad and general lack of funds/interest.

Its hard to say this, but I think in need a few months off Lego in order to build my life in a way I want it.

I hope you guys understand and dont forget about me :sweet:

giphy.gif

You bad you'll be back my friend!!! :thumbup: And forget about you? How could I (we)...no worries about that buddy...

Get your live on track and this hobby will submerge again soon...I'm pretty sure of that! :thumbup:

Hang in there buddy!!! :classic:

Yup, it would be pretty much impossible to forget one of the builders who inspired me to get into Lego.

I hope you will success on your search!

I'm sure you will come up with something amazing as always :D

How can we forget about you? That's impossible!

Edited by LXF

Yup, it would be pretty much impossible to forget one of the builders who inspired me to get into Lego.

... and one who has inspired many a MOC!

You are a brave heart and really sympathic guy, I think everybody will understand you! There are many things which are much more important than a hobby. Don't take it too serious and go the next step in your life. Wish you all the best, Jerry!

I know from our PM's how hard you've worked to gain your qualifications and the lengths you've gone to to find employment. Whether it's at home or abroad I'm sure you'll find the position you deserve and that makes you happy. I wish you all the very best in your search.

As for your return to these pages, I hope it'll be sooner rather than later. Will we forget about you? NOT A CHANCE.

After my first post about my Steppenwolf - it was only a virtual model back then - you were the first to give extensive constructive feedback. It triggered me to explore further and made me determined to come back with a proper design. I won't forget. :classic:

Good luck getting things straightened out!

I hope you'll find the job you deserved, matches for you. I'm partly in the same situation, so I know, how hard these times are. Good luck in search, as others said, sometimes it's more important to take time for other things than Lego, too. And I think, it's impossible to forget your work here. :wink:

Hope to seen you back soon! Your models and mechanisms are always an inspiration.

Jerry, you have also helped answer questions for me and add much to the community.  You will be sorely missed.  As others have said, so many other things in life more important than a hobby.  Go attend to those things.  The talent is certainly there, now go find the opportunity.