eurotrash

MOD: Palace Carpets - for all your flooring needs!

Palace Carpets

I really liked the 10232 Palace Theatre, but it's faux-orientalism and old-timey roaring twenties glittery feel didn't look right in my economically distressed town. So, after years of neglect it's reopened as a Carpet and Flooring showroom.

The original decorative facade had been covered in stucco and years of dirt, many of the wrought iron features had been sold for scrap. The roof had had a fire, but the new owner's are renovating.

14375388045_f30f8242fb_c.jpg

It's undergoing some last touch-ups here and there...

14188953227_96c8bff334_c.jpg

And the roof looks like it's had some fire damage.

14375387615_aec37501a9_c.jpg

And there's still a lot of the crumbling facade to fix and there's a bunch of burned out lights to replace but the doors are open and customers are shopping.

14352303596_0f2e1ee70f_c.jpg

Carpet rolls on the walls, circular rugs to one side, and a fine collection of area rugs.

14373940922_df75c421cf_c.jpg

The window display.

14375389115_01dd1bb117_c.jpg

And on the second floor even more carpets - although clearly these are the designs and colors that are not selling well.

14352304456_2fa7cfd86d_c.jpg

One final shot!

14374454654_96854b88ed_c.jpg

Remember for all your carpeting and flooring needs come and see us at Palace Carpets!

Comments, criticism and ridicule welcome!

Now that's an original and very realistic idea 'eurotrash'......I like it reminds me of these guys.......

What a really cool idea. I like all the carpet rolls. The scaffolding with workers is neat as is the fire damage needing repair.

Haha this is an amazing MOD, there are so many great details you have included!!

The interior is really well done with all the different carpets for sale and the exterior is really well modified for the delapidation. Brilliant work on the carpet sign tho...

Great job :laugh:

A great MOD! Really a shame what Netflix & Co. did to the old Palace Cinema... I like your colourful carpet rolls and the scaffolding. Great job!

Very nice MOD!

I really appreciate the way you turn it on! Your interior are really great! Very clever idea!

Thanks for all the comments! I've known for a while that I had to change the Palace Theatre - I just wasn't sure into what though. As I went through the ideas the usual suspects came up - bars, nightclubs, cafes etc. But then I started tinkering with round 2 x 2s and the first completed piece was the rack of Carpets in the main showroom area.

I'd recommend to anyone reworking their modulars and I think I'm going start on morphing the Fire Station is something else next.

I'd recommend to anyone reworking their modulars and I think I'm going start on morphing the Fire Station is something else next.

That isn't gonna be the one to call when there's something strange in the neighborhood, is it not it? Just don't cross the bricks while you're at it!

Fantastic idea - the carpet rolls and rack are brilliant.

There's a gorgeous old church near me that's been converted into a carpet shop. It must be all the space and high ceilings inside these old buildings that make them so suitable for carpets!

I love this. You really captured the feel of a proper carpet shop. I can just imagine this thing being in TV commercials with some voice over guy saying "50%, 60%, 70%, 80%, even 90% off. One day only" (until next week when we will have another sale)

Well done, I also like the backstory.

That kind of MOD-MOC is great.

Nice work and excellent back story. I know we are wanting to do more of the worn down look for our town layout "DelVaLug City" and your MOCs have been a source of inspiration for my future work.

once again eurotrash your spot on with your 'real-world' interpretations of lego modulars...love it

Awesome MOC! I love the paintwork around the windows, the blown bulbs and the scuffling around the tower. The rack of rolled up carpets is very realistic too!

Fantastic mod eurothrash!!! I really like the carpets, sadly there's no black one hehehe. Great touch with workers and painter. :thumbup:

The ongoing repairs and haphazard layout inside tell the story of this building perfectly. Well done for such an original idea and a very well executed design.