well here is the progress of it so far, though it's still over 200 pieces , I am starting to simplify it. The tracks and lower assembly take almost half of the percent of parts used. I might replace the tracks with rubber ones, then i can improve the main superstructure by 64 parts.

functions

movable tracks

turnable superstructure

adjustable shovel height

adjustable range of shovel

opening shovel

14386902483_292a3395c1_c.jpg200pc Lego Electric Mining shovel by Tommy Styrvoky, on Flickr

Edited by Tommy Styrvoky

This also looks great! Never seen one of these in such a small scale! :classic::thumbup:

I like all the functions it has, it's funny because I just finished my mini MOC using the same tracks as you and it came out to exactly 200 parts although I did have to simplify or remove a few parts beforehand. I'm using 38 on each side and with the track assembly holding the gears or cogs it comes out to 50 parts per track times 2 is 100, so half my parts already gone. Some how I was able to finish it, and I'm sure you'll be able to keep this MOC in the 200 limit. :thumbup:

Interesting. Original subject.

I don't like the cabin though. it's too much gray with dark gray pins. Maybe you could add some color. Also I'm not sure about the 6x12 plates, they look kinda out of place.

Third, the chassis seems to sag. You might want to improve strength there.

Interesting. Original subject.

I don't like the cabin though. it's too much gray with dark gray pins. Maybe you could add some color. Also I'm not sure about the 6x12 plates, they look kinda out of place.

Third, the chassis seems to sag. You might want to improve strength there.

I strengthened the chassis but it still sags, I think that's from the wheels. And I did add some dark red to the 6x12 plates.

This is a great idea and I like the execution! A bit more color would make it pop more visually, though. What about the bright red cab design of the steam shovel in the classic children's book "Mike Mulligan and his Steam Shovel"?