Sign in to follow this  
mccoyed

A note about drow minifigs

I know that we have an "anything goes" policy for the appearance of drow in our MOCs but I wanted to point out that the new Sakaarans from the Guardians of the Galaxy sets are basically perfect for Drow. Especially if you use the "one-eye"/masked side of their head piece.

It'll probably be a while before they pop up commonly in MOCs but they look good and I'll have 3 of my own after getting all the GoG sets. So if you guys were maybe on the fence or uninterested in those sets, the cheapest one or a few BL orders may eventually yield the best Lego drow yet available.

GOTG-LEGO-Sakaaran-Soldier.jpg

Edited by mccoyed

Some builders use plain black head for drow, that isn't good enough! :sceptic:

For drow head, can use the head of this guy

sw141.jpg

Darth Maul head

sw003.jpg

Black skeleton head

cas327.jpg

Lord Garmadon head

njo013.jpg

NRG Cole

njo057.jpg

Heads of these two guys: drow warrior with face tatoo

njo081.jpgnjo077.jpg

Evil warrior

njo075.jpg

And also this guy could easily be used as drow without any modifications :head_back:

njo092.jpg

hp081.jpg

Edited by AmazingPharaoh

Yeah, I favor using the Ninjago heads too. Especially the Lord Gamadon ones with the silvery paint. But now with Sakaarans...

Those GOTG sets look amazing. They're some of the best scifi Lego's produced in years, and the minifigs look terrific for medieval, too. I can't wait to get a set or two.

@Lord Raphael, I use that head as my Drow berserker.

@Lego3364, I've used that first head as a different type of orc before, but I believe they are also used as some kind of different race in the Races of Historica thread.

@Lego3364, I've used that first head as a different type of orc before, but I believe they are also used as some kind of different race in the Races of Historica thread.

Thanks, I'll have to look that thread up.

@Thomas of Tortuga: I have all three GotG sets now. They are well worth it. The Milano is amazing.