Jim

[MINI] Technic Mini Build Contest - Information Topic

If I remember properly, even it was already mentioned in that entrry topic.. Creator mentioned, that he removed 3 parts since it was published.

If I remember properly, even it was already mentioned in that entrry topic.. Creator mentioned, that he removed 3 parts since it was published.

I must have missed that :(

I assume jim will give a full run down of the results like he superbly did for the triple contest

Yes sir! :thumbup:

Maybe this has been asked before, so I apologize in advance, but will you share the number of votes for all the entries, or just top 3. Just so I know who well/bad I did :)

(otherwise I will need to create my own piece of software to grep through the votes)

What Seasider said :classic:

After some more consideration I think it's better to use the existing votes and disqualify the bike. Otherwise some of you have changed their votes and other haven't.

So I have closed the topic and I will use the unaltered votes.

Looks like 31 wins it. Congrats Doc_Brown! Deserved winner IMO. Might be too complex for TLG to release as a set though.

Edit: hmm, at a second glance it looks like 22 and 29 also got lots of votes. Too early to call I guess :laugh:

Edited by jantjeuh

Looks like 31 wins it. Congrats Doc_Brown! Deserved winner IMO. Might be too complex for TLG to release as a set though.

Edit: hmm, at a second glance it looks like 22 and 29 also got lots of votes. Too early to call I guess :laugh:

Agreed. Hence the reason why i didnt throw my mini excavator into the contest... how can you even compete against something like that? ;) the design are so unique

Some rules I can bend, but this is just plain wrong!!

Nice find. I will disqualify the entry later today (when closing the contest).

You can alter your votes, which means I have to copy and paste all the votes again :(

You did the right thing!

This was discussed in the topic for the bike, before the entries closed. I think I mentioned that the bike had been seen before (I'd built version of it from youtube footage last year).

Having seen the subject discussed in the thread and then the bike entry going forward, I had assumed that a judgement had been made that it was still eligible. My apologies for not checking further before the voting started. I may have been able to prevent some inconvenience.

This was discussed in the topic for the bike, before the entries closed. I think I mentioned that the bike had been seen before (I'd built version of it from youtube footage last year).

Having seen the subject discussed in the thread and then the bike entry going forward, I had assumed that a judgement had been made that it was still eligible. My apologies for not checking further before the voting started. I may have been able to prevent some inconvenience.

No problem, it's a minor inconvenience for me. It's too bad that some of the votes ended up being useless and therefor influencing the outcome of the contest. On the other hand; the outcome is pretty clear, so I don't think it would have mattered.

I have somehow missed the topic and I haven't read the intro text :look:

It looks like there is no rule that states we should only give integer number of points to every entry, right? :tongue:

So I could give 3.5 point to someone if I wanted, right? :tongue:

:grin:

The only rule is that the total must be 20.

Could I have given one entry negative 2 points and distribute 22 points across the other entries? Total would still be 20! There's no rule that says points have to be positive! :devil:

True that :laugh:

Remember I am from The Netherlands, so I will support the comma separator by default :wink::laugh:

Any vote containing a dot would be rendered invalid for exceeding 20 points. :tongue:

Edited by W3ird_N3rd

Wonderful, I missed the voting. Why the time for it was so short?! Ok, maybe for people who monitoring the forum 24/7 it's ok, but sure not for everybody.

Any vote containing a dot would be rendered invalid for exceeding 20 points. :tongue:

I know Jim is from the Netherlands... but in England a point is our decimal place, and a comma can signify the split of thousands (23,567,546) but it's not an actual rule.. oh maths why do you have to be so confusing :grin:

Wonderful, I missed the voting. Why the time for it was so short?! Ok, maybe for people who monitoring the forum 24/7 it's ok, but sure not for everybody.

Looking at the number of voters, I think the one week period was sufficient.