Jim

[MINI] Technic Mini Build Contest - Information Topic

I was under the impression that each person was responsible for their own entry thread, and that Jim (or whoever else) would create a voting thread once the submission deadline has passed. The voting thread would then have a single image linked to each entry thread. Is this not correct?

Excerpt from the first post says you need your own thread AND a post in the entry topic

I also originally thought it was only an entry thread, until re-reading

It is hard to spot, it only says it once

WHAT DO I NEED TO ENTER?

All participant should create a WIP topic for discussion purposes and create a post in the [soon to be created entry topic].

WIP TOPIC

• A WIP topic beginning with [MINI].

ENTRY POST

The entry post (in the soon to be created entry topic) should contain:

• Entry name
  • Part count
  • Short summary of the functions.
  • Promotional image (this one should kick megablocks!)
  • Parts image (a picture of all the parts used, spread out on a surface)

Edited by anton1678

I was under the impression that each person was responsible for their own entry thread, and that Jim (or whoever else) would create a voting thread once the submission deadline has passed. The voting thread would then have a single image linked to each entry thread. Is this not correct?

I thought it would be the same as past contests (sail the technic sea) to have a entry topic.... :shrug_confused:

oh, ok. I thought the method I described was how TSATS was done, but I guess my memory is failing me in my old age. :grin:

Your not that old....oh wait that is even worse? :head_back:

I have to say that this is the best contest I've seen at Eurobricks, especially for Technic. We have a huge number of entries and an amazing percentage of them are very high quality. Choosing a winner is going to be very difficult.

The secret is the limit of technic pieces in my opinion, many good and complex constructions go unnoticed against other with 2000 parts. For me this is a great challenge and I'm learning a lot from all the small buildings, we had to have a contest every year varying the limit on the pieces, only suggest :blush: .

The secret is the limit of technic pieces in my opinion, many good and complex constructions go unnoticed against other with 2000 parts. For me this is a great challenge and I'm learning a lot from all the small buildings, we had to have a contest every year varying the limit on the pieces, only suggest :blush: .

Yes

:thumbup:

Yes again.

H :thumbup:

So when does the entry thread get posted? Think i should have some photos of mine this evening. Cant believe how many amazing models there are, voting is going to be tough

I would like to know how will be the votation.

Is it a one person one vote or do we get several points that we can split between the candidates?

I have seen so many cool models that I will have a hard time if I have to decide for only one model

I would like to know how will be the votation.

Is it a one person one vote or do we get several points that we can split between the candidates?

I have seen so many cool models that I will have a hard time if I have to decide for only one model

thats how its been in the past but who knows this time - in an ideal world the admins (and/or nominated team) would take the time to build the models and

see if they fit certain criteria and award points that way

So when does the entry thread get posted? Think i should have some photos of mine this evening. Cant believe how many amazing models there are, voting is going to be tough

Seasider: I asked the same question and this was the reply.

As far as I know, it's going to be posted before the 1st of August, but I don't know how long before.

Apparently Jim is still very busy with the world hockey club 2014,so it could be a little while yet. :tongue:

How many photos is allowed in the WIP topic? Is video and video editing allowed?

Edited by Omikron

My goodness, the quality of entries, and of the photography, thus far is phenomenal.

Best of luck to all entrants!

Owen.

My goodness, the quality of entries, and of the photography, thus far is phenomenal.

Best of luck to all entrants!

Owen.

indeed it is and its is a good job we can edit our photos up until the closing date!

I have to say that this is the best contest I've seen at Eurobricks, especially for Technic. We have a huge number of entries and an amazing percentage of them are very high quality. Choosing a winner is going to be very difficult.

There are indeed lots of great entries!

And I really like the way the contestants are presenting their creations. A compliment to all of you!

As for the voting; it will be the same as the Triple Build contest. You get 10 points to distribute with a maximum of 5 points per entry. And you must use all points. More information will follow in the voting thread, which I will make when the contest has been closed.

Is your promo pic allowed to be in an environment like the "triple" contest was encouraged to be?

Like photographing on dirt or rocks or in the sky ect? :sweet:

Is your promo pic allowed to be in an environment like the "triple" contest was encouraged to be?

Like photographing on dirt or rocks or in the sky ect? :sweet:

Sure! :sweet:

As long as the model is clearly visible of course.

I just have to say that there are some amazing entries in this competition. There is some real quality work being displayed. Excellent work everyone! :thumbup: :thumbup:

I just have to say that there are some amazing entries in this competition. There is some real quality work being displayed. Excellent work everyone! :thumbup: :thumbup:

I can only concur. Entries are great, presentation is great! Voting will be hard.