Jim

[MINI] Technic Mini Build Contest - Information Topic

I'm wondering about enter competition. I have few ideas but first about pneumatic:

If I would use it (it is not said that I will use it for sure) how about pneumatic hoses? Is has to be official Lego or I can use a non-lego silicon tube? If it has to be original Lego can I cut it?

What about cutting flex tubes?

What about using '80, '90 Lego pieces? If set should be done as an official set so no old pieces are included into sets that we have on market shelves.

I need to get building. So far, two of my ideas have already been presented by somebody else (and well done at that!) :laugh: I've started on a mini forwarder, and if I can get it done under 200 pieces (at about 35 now), I may present that as my entry.

This is a really neat contest with some great entries thus far! :thumbup:

This sounds like a great contest, will hopefully be able to enter something... I've already started designing something in LDD, but I have no doubt somebody else will probably enter something similar. All things considered, it would be slightly surprising if nobody did :laugh:

Jim,

"It must have one or more function". Does a pull back motor count as a function? Does steering count? or do we mean a boom arm etc? Please clarify. I think I can now correct myself as others are building cars.

H

Edited by Horace T

Is it possible for us to register our idea in private?

Do we NEED to create a WIP thread?

I'd like to reserve my idea but rather not give it away to competitors!

Woops i missed that :D

No problem.

Is it possible for us to register our idea in private?

Do we NEED to create a WIP thread?

I'd like to reserve my idea but rather not give it away to competitors!

I would like a topic for each model, so we can discuss things. But you can create it just before closing date, if you don't want to expose your entry.

Jim,

"It must have one or more function". Does a pull back motor count as a function? Does steering count? or do we mean a boom arm etc? Please clarify. I think I can now correct myself as others are building cars.

H

A pullback motor usually does something, which is considered a function. Steering is a function as well.

Just look at some of the official Technic mini models to see what functions they have.

Are there any rules around having the same model as another entry? If two people submit a lawn mower, will they both be judged? Is there any concept of copying an idea? If so, how is the original determined? Thank you.

Nope, no rules. All entries will be judged.

Just make sure your entry is better than the others :laugh:

Hiya, guys I got a question for ya! How many parts/pieces shold I count when using a linear actuator? only one, or more?

Sorry but I'm in doubt!

Mini_Linear_Actuator_8.png

IMO just one? Should be 1 for all the parts which are already preassembled.

Edited by Zblj

IMO just one? Should be 1 for all the parts which are already preassembeled.

Cool! Cos was specified for the turntable, the tracks and the chains but not sure about this linear actuator!

I'll wait a confirmation from the moderator anyway!! Thanks ZBLJ

Cool! Cos was specified for the turntable, the tracks and the chains but not sure about this linear actuator!

I'll wait a confirmation from the moderator anyway!! Thanks ZBLJ

Its just my opinion, Jim's opinion may vary (as usual, poke Jim)

is it allowed to make a studless remake of a studded model (with alterations of course?). Not very original maybe, but turning studded into studless takes quite some fantasy and skill...

This contest is really long. I'm going to have to wait 2 months o submit! Is this the usual contest duration?

This contest is really long. I'm going to have to wait 2 months o submit! Is this the usual contest duration?

You can submit as soon as you're done building your entry. You don't have to wait until August 1st to submit, and actually you shouldn't, because then it will be too late. All submissions have to be in by August 1st. :classic:

I don't recall the duration of the Triple contest, but TSATS was pretty long, maybe more than 2 months.

The previous contests also had a duration of around 7 weeks. It might be a bit too long for a small contest like this, but in general contestants like the extra time.

What would be the advantage in submitting before July 31? I'm curious why you wouldn't want to keep your entry a secret.

What would be the advantage in submitting before July 31? I'm curious why you wouldn't want to keep your entry a secret.

Because people like to share? :)

Question:

Are we allowed to use parts - and parts of certain colours - that aren't yet officially available, but that we know for a fact that will come later this year (probably before the end of this contest)?

I'm thinking specifically about this part 15100.jpg, but also, say Light bluish gray 5L thin liftarms/levers with axle holed ends (as seen in 42030) or red 3x11 flat panels (as seen in the 42029), or the new 3x11 curved panels in black and green engine cylinders (also seen in 42030).