Jim

[MINI] Technic Mini Build Contest - Information Topic

Cool contest!

Am i right - pneumatic is allowed?

Let's see...sure. Normally mini models don't have Pneumatics, but I'll make an exception.

Posted Yesterday, 04:10 PM

snapback.pngMilan, on 06 June 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

It can be ModelTeam style, with function(s),right?

Yes.

snapback.pngJGW3000, on 06 June 2014 - 03:43 PM, said:

Since this contest in the Technic forum, I am assuming the model should contain at least one Technic part?

The majority of the parts should be technic.

Well, if majority of the parts should be technic, then how could this be Model Team style? One contradicts the other. So how is it?

Well, if majority of the parts should be technic, then how could this be Model Team style? One contradicts the other. So how is it?

I wouldn't get too hung up on this. If you enter an excellent MOC with Technic functions no one is going to complain about what percentage of the parts are Technic. Just don't enter your 4-wide System car or something that obviously has nothing to do with Technic.

I wouldn't get too hung up on this. If you enter an excellent MOC with Technic functions no one is going to complain about what percentage of the parts are Technic. Just don't enter your 4-wide System car or something that obviously has nothing to do with Technic.

I was a bit in doubt about Model Team, but I couldn't have answered it better than you did :thumbup:

Model Team is allowed, but like I said in the intro; imagine this would be an official LEGO Technic Mini model.

Would i be allowed to enter? I already haves some ideas.

Of course!! Welcome to EB by the way :classic:

How many parts do technic figs count as?

I wasn't anticipating Technic Figs in a Mini Model. The scale doesn't match.

So pneumatics are allowed, Model Team is allowed, but the contest is really about making an official Lego Technic Mini Model, for example:

0006111.jpeg

Keep that in mind when you build something. Building a small Model Team MOC is great, but will you be seeing it on the shelf as a Technic set?! Including pneumatics is great, but have you ever seen this in a Technic Mini model?! Try to keep the scale and style in sync with other Technic Mini Models.

The promo image shows three models, all of which are perfect examples of great mini models.

This minimizing tendency is unhealthy. It will end up like this in a few contests from now.

lego.png

I mean minimizing the contest entry size and excluding parts doesn't make it more challenging or interesting or fun. For example I can build such MOC, a bunch of them. But I'm not interested in such MOCs or sets. I see no practical reason for buying such set until it's the only set that contains a unique part that is not available on bricklink.

How many AFOLs actually buy technic minisets?

Edited by Omikron

Looking at this entry I probably need to alter the rules:

http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=96449

This is not what we're looking for. It needs to be a TECHNIC mini model.

You can use some "normal" Lego parts for decoration, but we don't want a 95% brickbuilt model.

So I'm afraid I will have to change Model Team to: NO! Otherwise it might be too confusing.

How many AFOLs actually buy technic minisets?

I buy Mini sets, because they are cheap and fun to build. But let's not start that discussion here. This is a mini contest. Later this year we will have a big contest with unlimited parts and stuff.

Later this year we will have a big contest with unlimited parts and stuff.

OOOOO I'm already so excited! :excited:

First incarnation of my model, 242 parts. Need to strip down in some way. 200 is less than I thought. This is gonna be pretty hard without affecting the looks.

By the way, what about techniques that would be illegal in official sets? E.g. plates attached to beams studs-inward? Sub-assemblies that are only connected at one point? Things that fit, but aren't "in system"?

We're looking for "as official as it can get". Imagine your set being sold as official set.

Nice. first time i will participate. already have some ideas.

1 question does it need to be a specific theme, like construction or race??

Edited by BiohazardRacer

I thought I'd have a go at this competition until I realised that, at the best of times, I haven't got a clue what I'm doing! ;-)

You shouldn't let that stop you - I'm not intending to let it stop me!

LOL that's what was in my mind!!!!!

it has to have functions :D

and I can only imagine the presentation picture of that "thing" :)))

Also : I'm in!

Nice. first time i will participate. already have some ideas.

1 question does it need to be a specific theme, like construction or race??

I also have the same question, is there a limitation to what theme we can select? Say, can we make military models, such as tanks?(because official Lego sets never have this theme)

You shouldn't let that stop you - I'm not intending to let it stop me!

I've an inkling of an idea but whether it becomes more than that really depends on what's in my parts box and time.

We'll see.

Edited by grum64

Of course!! Welcome to EB by the way :classic:

Thanks Jim. This sounds like a great forum.

hey what about custom stickers? can i use them? lego always uses stickers to add details to the models :)

hey what about custom stickers? can i use them? lego always uses stickers to add details to the models :)

Hey what about reading the rules :wink: