Jim

[MINI] Technic Mini Build Contest - Information Topic

That sounds like you are taking up my suggestion of sticking together 200 technic bricks,I will vote for you... :tongue:

Let me check tomorrow if I have 200 Technic Bricks :laugh:

Nice contest! Can I build two or three things each less than 200parts?

No more than 200 parts in total. If you can build three models out of that, I'm fine with it.

Although I prefer a single model.

Great contest Jim! Thanks for taking the time to set it up. :thumbup:

Is it strictly only 2 images? :sweet:

You can post a gazillion pictures in your WIP and Entry topic, but I will use your primary promo image in the Voting topic.

Not sure what to build, maybe a construction vehicle or tank of some sort. And why can't we use PF parts ?

Because I want it to reflect an official Technic mini model. These are simple models without PF or other Electronics.

Plus, I'd like to see some manual creativity :wink:

I have made an small alteration to the rules; the parts picture needs to be of all the parts, spread out on a surface. That way we can clearly see which, and how many, parts have been used.

This little competition would be too good to pass. There's bound to be some time somewhere in two months to build something with 200 parts.

Let's start up the idea machine :D

Do we ever have color restrictions?! :tongue:

Do we ever have color restrictions?! :tongue:

So not unspoken "must be yellow" rule? Someone at TLG missed the memorandum :tongue: Edited by aol000xw

I am guessing that photo editing is OK for removal of background, but are added effects also allowed (so long as it doesn't obscure/alter the model)?

With the string, could I use sewing thread (I don't want to have and make a specific BL order for string.)

Edited by Tommy Styrvoky

Inspiring competition!

Question: are virtual / CAD builds allowed? I realize it's not ideal to demonstrate the functions, but would like to be clear.

Can you post multiple creations?

Very very bad luck for me... I never do small MOCs but I did 2 months ago... Anyway good luck everybody I don´t think I will be able to re-do another small MOC for the time being :cry_sad: .

Dumper http://www.eurobrick...topic=94624&hl=

Compactor http://www.eurobrick...topic=93587&hl=

You would've won with those! :thumbup:

Edited by NXT45

I am guessing that photo editing is OK for removal of background, but are added effects also allowed (so long as it doesn't obscure/alter the model)?

I have removed the "no photoshop" rule, since I always use Lightroom (or Photoshop) to enhance my own images.

As long as you are not changing colors of bricks, I'm fine with a little improvement for the presentation.

Indeed: "as long as it doesn't obscure/alter the model"

Inspiring competition!

Question: are virtual / CAD builds allowed? I realize it's not ideal to demonstrate the functions, but would like to be clear.

No virtual builds, sorry. That's for LDD contests.

(I've added it to the rules, thanks)

Nice idea for a contest Ted :thumbup:

Thanks. I'm anticipating a lot of entries :sweet:

Can you post multiple creations?

Read the rules and you will know :wink:

(no you can't)

Can the inventory be virtual, or include a list of parts we don't have enough of to show both the built model and the inventory at once?

I thought I'd have a go at this competition until I realised that, at the best of times, I haven't got a clue what I'm doing! ;-)

I'm really looking forward to seeing what those of you who do come up with.

Good luck to you all.

Edited by grum64

Can the inventory be virtual, or include a list of parts we don't have enough of to show both the built model and the inventory at once?

Once you finish the model, take a pictures of it, then destroy it, put parts on the table, group them so they can be counted easily and thats it.

Once you finish the model, take a pictures of it, then destroy it, put parts on the table, group them so they can be counted easily and thats it.

Exactly! :classic: