drakmin

[MOC] T-47 Rebel Snowspeeder, instructions available

I've been coveting this model ever I saw Drakmin developing it in the original thread. I love Technic and I love Star Wars UCS, but nary the twain shall meet. There were those few Technic Star Wars models 10 years ago, but only the Destroyer Droid was really good. This snow speeder is really cool though so I was pleased to be part of creating the instructions. I'll be interested to see how much interest there is in a Technic Star Wars model since the official sets didn't sell very well.

Superb job!

Perhaps it wouldn't be a bad idea to drop a link in the EB's Technic section, too.

Edited by Sariel

So... it seems that all the bricks should cost about 115 euro (postage not included...) I might start this soon....

Started ordering bricks to build this beauty :]

Can't wait to build it - it's soooooo nice.

I am doing it atm.

It should probably be around 150-200 euro for me.

I'm trying to get mostly new pieces but there's sometimes a big difference in price for the used ones so I pick the cheaper.

I think you could probably do it about 100-150 tho.

hmmm... any ideas how to replace:

the blue rubber band:

http://www.bricklink...tem.asp?P=x1106

?

it seems to be quite unavailable...

either way...

I made all the orders and with shipping it costs me about 197,5 euro.

6 orders total. probably would be cheaper if i'd do it in less but i'm still learning bricklink + I'm in Poland ;) ;P

I'm missing the rubberbands tho. might have to go to a convenient store and buy those seperatelly.

Edited by kr-lik

Great work Dakmin,

I've already purchased the plans and i hope finish the snowspeeder soon.

I've seen the video of Starcraft Lego Technic Siege Tank, Do you have plans for sale?

Thanks

Actually it's called "Axle Towball" and it does seem to be in the inventory file but I've no idea why it didn't add to my bricklink wantlist :\

oh well...

Edited by kr-lik

all right... took me about 5 days i think.

missing: 8 pieces (6 of them never ordered for whatever reason + 2 piecess missing from what I got from bricklink). Considering the almost 2200 pieces that's a pretty good result if you ask me.

The instructions are ok BUT there are many situations here that require some skill. I'd say they could've been done better sometimes (especially with the "attaching bigger parts to the rest") but if I managed to finish, it means they were good ;] Maybe the rear grill could've been done last tbh as it would give you some more space to work there before...

It's massive, heavy but a bit flimsy. It's hard to find the right spots to grab it but it's not like it falls apart everytime I pick it up.

Big cheers and respect to the creators! You've done a MASSIVE work.

snow1.jpg

snow2.jpg