Hi all,

This MOC was shown first at the annual Klodsfest, the convention for Danish LUG Byggepladen and won first prize in the category "Small Buildings". In fact, as the video shows, the building starts out fairly large but ends up somewhat smaller. :classic:

All pictures on Flickr

I am not sure how I got this idea, but the final model works pretty much as I imagined initially. Allthough it may look like a simple build, it has been rebuilt several times to get the mechanism to work just right and to keep the building sturdy enough to collapse over and over again. In fact, I spent a long time installing an interior scissor-like mechanism to control the thing remotely and possibly with motors, but I gave up... the building is just to heavy. And the final lift-and-release approach works great.

14351332494_6a0d3dd3fd_c.jpg

14350615502_6574951128_c.jpg

14165601280_d916e0f41f_c.jpg

14350614972_f6e3694b94_c.jpg

So... what do you think? All comments are welcome.

Esben

Godt arbejde :classic:

It's always nice to see something new, and i don't believe i have ever seen anything like this before :classic: I like the buildings look too, it is begging to be put out of its misery :classic:

That's fantastic!

Could there maybe be a pin of some sort that you could pull out with a string to make the collapse? It would be cool to see it stand for a bit.

Excellent! It's always good to see unusual buildings and ideas and this is a cracker!

Oh, and congratulations on your first place prize.

I have also never seen that done before, and you have managed to pull it off brilliantly! :wub: I really love how it looks, and the function works so well! :thumbup:

This is great!

A very unique idea and wonderfully executed.

The building looks good when it's standing up and it demolishes perfectly.

well done.

Great idea! It would be cool to see it standing for a little longer, but it seem like you got it to work great. :thumbup:

This is awesome! Really creative idea and executed well. It reminds me of the children's toy they used to have where you flip the wooden panels around while holding it. They were connected together and with a flick of the wrist make it cascade one way or the other. This was back in the 80s...

Very well done. You tend to impress with your builds, and while this is (or at least appears to be) a much simpler thing to pull off (or pull down...?) than, say, your incredible trains with motorised doors, I find it equally intriguing. Especially since I, like the others, can't remember having seen anything like this before. I repeat: Well done!

If it was triggered from outside it could have been cool. It just falls down right after you set it up so. Still kinda nice.

Could there maybe be a pin of some sort that you could pull out with a string to make the collapse? It would be cool to see it stand for a bit.

I tried just that. The problem was that the building is just to heavy to be kept standing with all the tension on just one single point at the bottom. The rather sturdy technic structure I had created on the inside (basically a scissor lift) would have so much weight on it that the liftarms and pins would separate. So I endend up removing all the inside liftarm structure.

Thanks guys, for all the comments.

Esben

Great idea. I could imagine a dust cloud of 1x1 studs flying around for realism. :classic:

Great idea. I could imagine a dust cloud of 1x1 studs flying around for realism. :classic:

Hahahaha so true, fanatastic image!

But on the building, yes very well done, as others have said. Very orginal idea and to me it's no wonder you won first place!!

Well done and happy buidling :laugh: