Sign in to follow this  
ThiagoMaster

A Hello From Brazil!

What's up guys, how are you doing?

My name is Thiago, I'm from Brazil and always were a fan of LEGO.

The bad part of living in Brazil is that LEGO here is amazingly expensive... But for my luck I'm going to spend some days in Canada, so I'll buy a lot of lego sets there =D

I love collecting minifigures (already have full the lego movie and almost completing series 11). Unfortunately The simpsons collection didn't arrived at Brazil yet.

I also love seeing what people do with mindstorms set, I don't have this set yet, but i'll probably buy EV3 when I get to Canada.

Anyways, if any of you is from Victoria or Vancouver, give me some tips about where to get LEGO!

PS: Sorry for the bad english, I'm working on it! Feel free to warn me when I make mistakes.

Oi Thiago!

Welcome to Eurobricks! My wife is from Belo Horizonte, I know LEGO is hard to find there, and is pretty expensive, but that's like most imported things in Brasil.

Good luck on your trip, hope you score some good sets.

Welcome Thiago, hope you will like it here, and have a good trip to canada, I hope you find what you need there :)

Oi Thiago!

Welcome to Eurobricks! My wife is from Belo Horizonte, I know LEGO is hard to find there, and is pretty expensive, but that's like most imported things in Brasil.

Good luck on your trip, hope you score some good sets.

Oi! =D

That's awesome! I already went to Belo Horizonte sometimes, but I live in Rio de Janeiro right now! Come to Brazil!

Welcome Thiago, hope you will like it here, and have a good trip to canada, I hope you find what you need there :)

Thank you! If you have any tips please tell me!

Welcome!

How do you plan to bring all that boxes back to Brasil. I mean what about customs fee and all?

Welcome to Eurobricks! :classic:

Thank you!

Welcome!

How do you plan to bring all that boxes back to Brasil. I mean what about customs fee and all?

Well, I can bring US$ 500,00 without paying taxes. I don't know if they really check every LEGO package that I bring. What they check most is electronics (notebooks, smartphones, game consoles and so on).

I'm planning to bring the boxes dissassembled and the bricks in small packages, just like they come in the boxes.

I really hope that I face no problems xD

Also, if I'm luck, they can even not check what I'm bringing at all.

PS: I loved your website! I already visit Sariel's website pretty often. You should also create a facebook page, so it's easier to promote your work!

Edited by ThiagoMaster

I live in Serbia, and before I could use Bricklink (didnt have paypal back then either) I asked my friend to buy me some set in London and bring it to me. He managed to got pretty few sets that way, but only one at the time. Custom guys told him that if he take one or two sets its ok, for more they would need to make custom fees.

Good luck!

PS: I loved your website! I already visit Sariel's website pretty often. You should also create a facebook page, so it's easier to promote your work!

If you are refering to my website, thanks!

I have a relatively new Facebook page :)

Nice strategy Milan! I hope that I wont face any problems! Haha

And yes, I was talking about your website! Just liked your facebook page, keep it full of new content!

Hi Thiago,

Excellent English there my friend. I've met a lot of Brazilians, but few write it as well as you do! My family is from the Nordeste, from João Pessoa, but I live in Holland. Warm welcome to EB!

Thanks! :)

I hope you will get many nice (and affordable) set!

Yea! I'm getting crazy with this 42030!

Hi Thiago,

Excellent English there my friend. I've met a lot of Brazilians, but few write it as well as you do! My family is from the Nordeste, from João Pessoa, but I live in Holland. Warm welcome to EB!

Thanks! =D Were you born in Brazil? I'm amazed with how many people from Brazil or that know someone from Brazil posts here =D

I hope to learn a lot with you guys!

Thanks! =D Were you born in Brazil? I'm amazed with how many people from Brazil or that know someone from Brazil posts here =D

Well, there are quite a few Brazilians, and in general they are nice people to know. I wasn't born in Brazil unfortunately, my mother lived in Brazil for a while, but then came back to Holland. But my father is a Brazilian, he and all his family still live there. I visit them whenever i can.