I saw this ship other day on another website and I had to share the pics and link for all my friends here in LUG Brazil's forum. It's really fantastic the scale and details! It's undoubtedly a source of inspiration for many AFOLs arround the world, specially who wants to work on a large scale models. Congrats!

Amazing model, I am in awe. Well done, well done indeed! An interior would have been cool to see, especially on that scale. I applaud your frame design, and may use your technique later on. Too bad you are so far away. Again, awesome job!

This truly is an amazing model, and you really have to look well to even see that it is made of Lego. I am trying to turn this MOC into a digital model (LDD) and then you truly notice how geniusly sections are put together and how detailed they are. Are there any hi-res images available? 'cause it is really hard to figure out parts of this MOC, high res image would help a lot :classic:

I cannot speak right now, because my jaw hit the floor and shattered.

I feel for you, bro. But my jaw fell into my current WIP model, so let me retrieve it...

I'd love to tell you that it's a stunning model, but my jaw is still on the floor! :wub:

I didn't realize this was Lego at first. Then when I started seeing closer images of the star destroyer, my eyes just peeled. Absolutely amazing work.

58 minutes ago, rockpig said:

Any chance of ever making building instructions for this beauty?

Sadly, no. It is just too big, too unoptimized for easy construction, requires "configuration" of tensioned members and I am not sure if bricklink could support even just 5 copies right now. And my computer blows up when I try to render 3k parts.... and what about the other 47k :D
Fun fact; the stand would have more parts than any of my other MOCs itself has.

I just finished building a 75021 LAAT this afternoon and was thinking how at around 2 Kg it is the heavier set I own, then I see someone revived this topic and was quite in awe seeing this 50 Kg Star Destroyer.
It is definitely wonderful.

Do you think it is possible to design an ISD with a reasonable size without compromising details, in other words, downsizing large ISDs ?

having ISD longer than 1 meter and more than 5-figure brick count is not accessible to everyone

8 hours ago, macaron35 said:

Do you think it is possible to design an ISD with a reasonable size without compromising details, in other words, downsizing large ISDs ?

having ISD longer than 1 meter and more than 5-figure brick count is not accessible to everyone

The recently designed ISD Eviscerator is basically a downsized version of Jerac's although it is still pretty big, a lot of those details would be hard to recreate at a smaller scale. For smaller ones, Onecase's Empire over Jedha city is a pretty good looking mini star destroyer. 

I don't think there are any large ISDs below the 10k piece range, the closest being the Monarch at 11k. Otherwise just go for the official set since it is a lot cheaper than MOCs.

14 hours ago, macaron35 said:

If I were you I'd just get the UCS ISD. Not as good as the MOC's here but good enough for any SW fans (causal or hardcore). If you don't like the UCS one then I'd recommend Onecases midi-scale one. Has like 1400 pieces and is pretty detailed too. Heres a rebrick link if you want https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-25013/onecase/sd-chronicle/#comments

3 hours ago, Evergreen said:

If I were you I'd just get the UCS ISD. Not as good as the MOC's here but good enough for any SW fans (causal or hardcore). If you don't like the UCS one then I'd recommend Onecases midi-scale one. Has like 1400 pieces and is pretty detailed too. Heres a rebrick link if you want https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-25013/onecase/sd-chronicle/#comments

Thanks for your advice.

I guess i'd better define my "positioning".

I'm not hardcore enough to spend $$$$ or I don't have enough space to display a 10k-piece MOC

8 hours ago, Reaper said:

The recently designed ISD Eviscerator is basically a downsized version of Jerac's although it is still pretty big, a lot of those details would be hard to recreate at a smaller scale. For smaller ones, Onecase's Empire over Jedha city is a pretty good looking mini star destroyer. 

I don't think there are any large ISDs below the 10k piece range, the closest being the Monarch at 11k. Otherwise just go for the official set since it is a lot cheaper than MOCs.

Hi,

Thanks also for the info and advice. As answered to Evergreen, I was hoping to find something in between, like more parts than regular set (1400 pieces) and less than these huge MOCs (10k+), but according to what you say, it probably does not exist. I'll check Onecase's Empire over Jedah City to see the details of his ISD

it could be also a good idea to display the ship

Edited by macaron35

On 1/5/2020 at 3:45 PM, muhkuh said:

@Jerac is your beauty still on an exhibition somewhere:)v

Spain, but not sure which city right now.