As I understand it's not possible to build this with LDD due to bending parts? What about the outer hull only? I am really interested to render this masterpiece in MODO. If you have other MOC's prepared in LDD or MLCad just contact me.

http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=95292

Edited by virtualrepublic

Best Lego MOC ever (if you're a star wars fan)!!!! Wow so much better thant the original Lego designed UCS Model. Congratz for such a masterpiece!!!

As I understand it's not possible to build this with LDD due to bending parts? What about the outer hull only? I am really interested to render this masterpiece in MODO. If you have other MOC's prepared in LDD or MLCad just contact me.

Yeah, outer skin is perfectly possible - at worst there will be some minor adjustments needed. You won't be able to do it in LDD though, because there are some illegal connections or just parts which are not connected at all (entire top section, terraces and up) just lies on the bottom, triangular hull section). So if you really wish to do so I will help as much as I can :)

If you wish, I can send you entire folder full of photos. They are not suitable for presentation due to shadows, reflections and such, but might be useful for recreating detailing. I cannot, however, take any new photos until the end of exhibition as I am about 350km from the place :)

EDIT: There will be some modifications later on.... maybe it would be better for you to wait for the refit? Altough this will be in some months...

Edited by Jerac

This is amazing. I really enjoyed reading through your experiences building this, it was very interesting! Keep on doing what you're doing!

@Jerac - This is stunning, simply stunning, and the bridge design and greebling are amazing. I'm looking forward to seeing it lit!

And its finally completed. Absolute stunning work, the best Star Wars creation, lightyears beyond everything!

I was waiting for over a decade for someone to build a large scale ISD SNOT. Apparently, no one had the design and build skills to pull it off... until now. Bravo.

There's so much remarkable detail and greebles that there's literally nothing you could add that would make it look better. IT'S PERFECT. Until someone provides evidence otherwise, this is the best Lego SW MOC ever constructed. Lego master designers couldn't even design/build this.

I like the length you decided on. 6 1/2 feet is epic, but affordable. Someone else tried too hard for epic and tried to build a SNOT 13 feet long, but only got to the bridge section before they realized it would weigh 400KG and cost $100,000. See below:

12327744841_display.jpg

What I have learned some time ago with the starcraft battlecruiser is to build the hull first and leave detailing till the end. This way, perspective of making cool details will constantly push you towards finishing. And there is less chance to get into such situation.

As for skills... I have chosen the ISD because it is the simpliest ship to do right in large scale. There is that man who routinely builds huge sw ships of awesome quality, particularly the MC-80 Home One and Invisible Hand, and these designs both in original and lego version are much much more complex than the ISD. In fact building it felt so obvious that I was in kind of paranoic state where I feared that one day I will wake up seeing someone already finished his ISD making mine obsolete :)

Kris Kelvin, The Prime Judge of the Zbudujmy.to association - friend who has helped me a lot during preparations to the exhibition and (mentally) during building :)

14343006686_6fd2ebc834_c.jpg

14366106485_6563d89ab5_c.jpg

The word 'outstanding' doesn't even begin to capture the magnificence of this MOC. This is stunning. A true labor of love. You seem to have outdone yourself here. Thanks for sharing, and many congratulations on this marvelous accomplishment!

Wow. I've seen some giant builds, but nothing as large as this. Definitely not in System. And the sheer detailed greeblage...I may dislike Star Wars heavily, but this is just too cool for words. May I ask what the piece used to connect the clips on the engines? Is it a pneumatic tube?

Edited by DraikNova

Not pneumatic, a flex hose. Bricklink lists them as "Hose, Rigid 3mm". Rails on Jabba's barge were made of this, and many many other sets have them as well. This thing has "eaten" almost 50 of individual hoses... 32L each! (naturally, mostly cut to pieces where required ;)) That sums up to 12 METERS of flex!

Normally I wouldn't do that but I found a shop which offered a very nice deal for buying entire lot of 50, so I bought them all and used wherever possible.

Edited by Jerac

This is incredible. I saw this on MOCpages. I didn't comment there, so I figured I would here. This thing is INSANE! I mean seriously, I can't even wrap my mind around the amount of pieces required, let alone the assembly. Well done. Very very well done! :thumbup:

All my lego ambitions just died...I didnt even realize it was lego until the 4th picture

You are not the only one.

A masterpiece for sure. I wish i lived a little closer to you, i am sure it's even more impressive up close!

When I saw the picture on the front page, I almost dismissed it as an LDD. I didn't believe it could be real until I opened the thread and saw the other pictures.

I'm not very free with compliments but I have to say this is absolutely stunning - a real tour de force (force pun completely intended). Congratulations! :wub: