Sign in to follow this  
AyliffeMakit

Bananaman Movie in 2015

So yeah, apparently DC Thomson and Elstree Studios are making a Bananaman movie. Its due out in 2015, but a teaser poster was released recently:

ad_136175517.jpg

There's also a small teaser site, but there's nothing really on there except for the hashtag #PeelThePower. If you've never heard of it before, the intro from the 80's TV show should get you up to speed on him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq2KXudEjkI

So, what do you think of this fruity new hero?

Edited by AyliffeMakit

But the Original was already good. :look: ( in dutch he had a very silly voice which was quite funny with his appearrance).

I can even remind the song.

Oh and I think it would be cool if he teams up with SuperTed. :wink:

When will we get news about the lego sets? Every superheromovie gets a legoline these days. :tongue:

Bananaman was great. Silly, yes. He was usually pathetic but got the accolades when the day was won anyway, but still funny. It was a kid's show after all.

So much better than Roger Ramjet...

I hope The Goodies get to do the voices again! Or at least some cameos

Too right.

Roger Ramjet will never come back, its no longer "kid appropriate" (after all, he is a superhero who gets his super powers by popping pills, not a good image for the kids of today)

Oh and speaking of old British cartoons/kids shows being made into movies, it appears as though Postman Pat is getting a movie as well.

Edited by jonwil

Roger Ramjet will never come back, its no longer "kid appropriate" (after all, he is a superhero who gets his super powers by popping pills, not a good image for the kids of today)

All it gave him was big muscles, which he always used to beat up the bad guys with. (20 atom bombs packed into a fist? Sounds like "excessive force" to me... :laugh: )

"Got problems kids? Take performance enhancing drugs and bash everyone up."

The robot aliens were funny though. Bzzt click Roger click mm Ramjet mm click click

it appears as though Postman Pat is getting a movie as well.

Yep, it's already out. Here's the trailer:

It honestly looks just like another generic kids film to keep the little ones quiet for a bit.

Edited by AyliffeMakit

So much better than Roger Ramjet...

Ooh no. Love Bananaman but Roger Ramjet is a bitterly satirical work of genius. Jim Thurman is my all-American hero.