Sign in to follow this  
Gotta love the plastic

The Death Star (Look at the size of that thing!)

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

I was watching a video on the internet and the Death Star took two grown ups 11 hours to build!!

Thats a LOT of building!!!

The video I saw was on

The really cool thing is that they drop it at the end and it explodes! I love the Starwars lego stuff, when the new film comes out I hope we get some really big builds to have to do!

That was a cool explosion at the end! I still can't believe they managed to drop it though! :wacko:I could never manage to smash a set so brutally!!

I'm conflicted. I mean cool set and it looked like an heavy-duty building session AND it was a great looking Lego explosion at the end, BUT it was a Lego explosion.

This is blasphemy. I still don't own the death star but why would you take all that time and money building the thing just to destroy it. Yes I get it Lego break in pieces when you drop them I don't need a video to believe it.

Wow! I love the slo-mo section of the video, how the DS starts crumpling, then the top gets shot straight up.

Poor Death Star. I have the set and I could never drop it like that.

That slo-mo section at the end was awesome. Amazing to see the physics of the pieces crumpling together and collecting all that potential energy from the arches compressing.

That was cool to look at, but the only thing I was thinking while watching. How many parts get broken in the process.

Today I had never done that. But as a kid, some MOCs ended in the wall while playing and resulted in broken parts.

I do not have the set.

Edited by mrfuture

This is blasphemy. I still don't own the death star but why would you take all that time and money building the thing just to destroy it. Yes I get it Lego break in pieces when you drop them I don't need a video to believe it.

Because then you get to build it once more :classic:

That just looked awesome! I actually don't think a lot of the bricks will break.

When I got my Death Star when it first came out, it did not have numbered boxes or numbered bags, and I had to dump out all the pieces in the living room, took me hours to find some pieces!!! :angry: Anyone whose Death Star came with numbered bags is lucky!!!! :laugh:

I dodn't expected it to explode to pieces like that. The video doesn't have much sense, but interesting, I'm curious if how many pieces broke during the this action.

Because then you get to build it once more :classic:

That just looked awesome! I actually don't think a lot of the bricks will break.

I don't mind putting something back together but I've certainly had my fair share of taking apart older star wars sets. If they dropped the UCS Falcon I would probably cry because it is such a rare and beautiful set.

When I got my Death Star when it first came out, it did not have numbered boxes or numbered bags, and I had to dump out all the pieces in the living room, took me hours to find some pieces!!! :angry: Anyone whose Death Star came with numbered bags is lucky!!!! :laugh:

I very deliberately open up all the numbered bags and move them around a bit before I start - even UCS. That's just how crazy/ cool I am.

I have the Death Star and it rocks, but it is very very bad what they did. Not true AFOL at all!!! :devil:

It was worth someone doing it just to see how those plates wobble on impact! Slow motion destruction always looks interesting to me, I watched this again today. (I could never do this myself of course, and I hope no Lego parts were harmed in the making of this film.)

Really cool how the storm trooper helmet is spinning like that.

The things people do to test a camera LOL!!

Looks amazing but wouldn't do it to mine (when I get one)

Well that is a nice vid. I actually did not expect it to get all that destroyed. I saw some people doing more or less the same in the past, but then they flew a UCS super star destroyer in the death star :laugh:

First few versions did not have numbered parts, later they did. I agree though, the search for pieces in the whole set is horryfying :wink:

That was actually fascinating to watch. I had no idea that it would completely "blow up" in that matter. I expected larger chunks. While I certainly wouldn't want to do that with one of my own sets, I'm glad that someone did. Wonder if they were able to gather up all of the pieces afterwards...