Sign in to follow this  

Here's a topic I thought I would put in, just 'cause.

World War Brick is the largest solely military LEGO convention in the world. Supposedly it is, that might not be true, but I'll believe them. It is in its third or fourth year, I believe, now, and it gets bigger every year.

It is hosted in Minneapolis, Minnesota, at Brickmania Toyworks. Apart from Brickmania, other vendors come, such as GI Brick, Brickstuff, and others. Will Chapman from Brickarms is also there.

Some of the activites besides shopping are looking at Weekend Pass holders' MOCs, looking at the Greater Midwest and Twin Cities LEGO Train Club displays, see Brickmania's dioramas and other builds (Including the new-for-this-year Battle of the Black Sea (Battle of Mogadishu (Black Hawk Down) diorama), or take part in the building of this year's mosaic. Last year it was the Iwo Jima Flag Raising, which turned out to be a resounding success. This year, they are doing the Cobra King picture.

cobrakingmosaic560.png?w=818&h=575

I could go on and on, but I have places to be, so I'll wrap this up. Weekend passes are still available for $60.00 for the complete devoters, but for the merely curious, you can buy a public ticket both in advance (it gets you in half an hour early) or at the door. You can buy them here: http://www.brickmania.com/brands/World-War-Brick.html and here ia the website for WWB itself: http://worldwarbrick.com/

I hope this sparks some interest!

I'll check it out. Brickmania is only a ten minute walk from my house. I'm hoping to get a chance to help out on that mosaic.

I'll check it out. Brickmania is only a ten minute walk from my house. I'm hoping to get a chance to help out on that mosaic.

Oh, cool! Maybe I'll un-knowingly see you there, since I know that I'm going. It was pretty rewarding to see last year's mosaic up, and hopefully it will be the same this year!

Edited by BrickmanJ

Will there be the infamous ramen bar this year?

I cannot make the trek up this year with attending Brickworld and blowing through a lot of $$$, but you guys have fun and enjoy the show! Hope it's a huge success!!!

Sounds good! I definitely can't come but I hope it's a huge success and I look forward to seeing pictures of all the lovely MOCs!