Javert

MOC: Parliament and Big Ben

Hi everyone.

I have just returned from a trip to London, and I was going to buy the Architecture Big Ben until I saw that it had ugly clocks on all sides which stuck too far out. :sick: Upon returning home, I got bored and decided to build it in Lego Digital Designer. Then boredom also took me to new levels and I ended up extending the model to incorporate some more of Parliament with it. So without further ado here is my Westminster MOC. I have tried my best to maintain the style of the designer's original model as much as possible whilst also giving my own version a different feel. I swapped the ugly clock faces for some plain white tiles which could be printed onto should the builder so wish, giving a much more accurate looking clock.

I hope I have done this justice as it's my first try at an architecture model. I hope you like it :classic:

The LDD File is available on request. 1958294_797573743601136_7356063991959874469_n.jpg

10155853_797571723601338_593608617933538918_n.jpg

That is a very nice little creation, I think you have captured the arcitectural essence very well, instantly recognizable :classic:

I've had the Architecture set 21013 for several months now but just haven't felt the urge to open and build. This I'd go for in a heartbeat, splendid Javert!

Thank you everyone. I'd love to make the entire thing, but time is limited :tongue:

I'm thinking about making some more London icons in this style because I enjoyed this one so much :classic:

Very well executed, looks much better than Big Ben standing alone.

I'm thinking about making some more London icons in this style because I enjoyed this one so much :classic:

As a huge fan of London, I'd love to see any of them, so keep up the good work. :wink:

As a few of you have been asking, here is the LDD file. Note that I may have missed certain bricks on the inside (well, missed colouring them anyway) Hope you enjoy, and maybe one of you can make this so I can see what it would look like in actual bricks! :D

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xzelnf1h2cv71nw/Westminster.lxf

Edited by Javert

Very well done. I, too, would like to see it in real bricks.

I have the official set, but haven't opened it yet to build it. I don't mind how it turned out, but there is always room for improvement. I may have to try my hand at this in the future. Although, most of my tan pieces are going to my mini Hogwarts castle project.

It's great :D

How about the London Eye or Buckingham Palace?

I did wonder about them, I've recently spent ages on St Paul's Cathedral, and didn't turn out well. Buckingham Palace is one I was going to try before I did St Paul's. I'm thinking about trying my hand at the Globe Theatre and possibly Tower Bridge. The London Eye would be a challenge, and don't even get me started on the Shard... :tongue:

I have also recently tried an architecture style Clifton Suspension Bridge but it needs a bit of tweaking. I don't know whether I'll be posting it or whether it'll share the same "Recycle Bin" fate as St Paul's did...