Superfunk

MOD: Modular Police Station (60047)

Hi everyone

I'd like to present my new modular police station, based on the 2014 city set 60047.

I got one set for christmas, bought another one with a discount and made a couple of bricklink orders to complete the station (mostly bricks and plates, tiles for the floors, some mifigs and accessories). It was a fun project!

Comments & suggestions welcome, thanks for looking!

14320259845_e169ed4c43.jpg

14340449323_be538cde7d.jpg

The garage has space for a patrol car, a van and also for the two police dogs, when they are not out catching bad guys. The transparent stair case leads up to the welcome desk.

14340448543_090be3ccd8.jpg

On the first floor, the patrolwoman on duty welcomes citizens and visitors. There's a small meeting room to the left and the desk of the police sergeant on duty.

14320259235_d9023226cb.jpg

One floor up, the chief is practising for the press conference in the briefing room. There's also an office for the special ops guys, the command center and the chief's office.

14133592088_b5f7effa85.jpg

The holding floor has all the necessities for processing and locking up the bad guys.

14133591568_b017066891.jpg

The cop could smile all he wanted, Fred still didn't trust him.

14133613139_d5eacee157.jpg

"Holy cow! These police guys must have used up all the tax money for their shiny new headquarters!"

14297111306_256d0f5d78.jpg

Originals on Flickr.

A good idea very well executed, if I may say so! And I like your sense of humour. I think Fred's choice is a wise one.

Normally I am not a fan of translating the bright city colors to Modulars... But damn! That works and works really well. It looks perfectly like a modern style government building. The stairs are great. The tiling on the floors is fantastic.

I really like what you did, it's echoes the original police station, and still looks a lot more realistic and modern. Great job!

I love that transparent staircase, really nice, funny choice for personnel :laugh: .

Really great interior! The garage looks very "garagy", and the glass stairs are a really nice touch. 1st floor, excellent too, especially the reception, and again the use of those transparent parts is beautiful. The banister on the stairs look great, I would probaly have made a brick built stairway, so the cheeseeslopes would line up. The briefing room is nice and simple, and the top floor is just great. I love seeing that CS loudspeaker put to good use, it fits great there :classic: And the big Police sign looks great, again lovely use of transparent parts :classic:

Very nice! These guys must have a great budget to have so many nice features in a new modern building! Love the transparent stair case! Very modern, all the transparent glass interior too. From the outside the design is great for a large downtown building.

I agree with everyone else, those transparent stairs look great. The patterned floor in your reception area is different to what we normally see, but works wonderfully.

I really like the big transparent POLICE sign too.

I could list everything, so I'll save my time - everything is great!.

I liked the new design of the police station and pleasantly surprised you turned the idea into a modular. I really like your first floor with the garages and the glass staircase. What did you connect the glass staircase to on the far wall?

Looks fantastic! I particularly like how you have the main Police sign, the feature column on the corner of the building and, on the inside, the floor tiling and the glass stairs.

Thanks everyone for the kind feedback!

@Wodanis: The stairs are only connected to the inner wall - thank god Chief Wiggins is slimmer as a minifig than in real life! :wink:

This is such a great MOD! Everything is already been said. :thumbup:

I was thinking about to do something similar! So you've bought 2 sets? But you probably needed much more pieces to finish this project?

Is it also possible, to make a picture from above of each floor?

Really nice job, very polished! All the interior work is so interesting to look at, see how you did it. I bet it took more than 2 sets to build.

It´s brilliant in the two senses, but I´m refering specially to de brightness of this building

how did you do for protecting it from dust, Christmas was almost half-year ago

I´m impressed, and I like the transparent stairs

Very impressive biulding. I like the clean and modern style inside and outside. The glass stairs are great.

i hope you think imitation is a form of hommage and inspiration... because you have shown me a great idea for a police station, and im off to buy 2 x police stn's to get started!

thank you Sir!

This is very very nice. Been meaning to modularize my police stations (have one each of this one as well as 7498) but my build backlog is looooong.

I love the glass stairs, and the second photo (from "ground level") just looks great.

This MOC captures my idea of a real Lego police station. I love modern modulars too, even if they do contrast greatly with the existing style.

Transparent staircase. That is one well funded police district hahaha.