L@go

MOC: Snack Bar - an updated #675

Word cannot express... this is absolutely stunning. I particularly love how smooth it looks. Great job. Put this on Ideas, as I would buy it the very moment it releases.

Thanks again, all, I really appreciate the feedback! The warm reception has had a crazy effect on my Flickr account as well, with more than 120,000 hits since I posted this here...

And (apart from the overhanging tree, which prevents an adjacent house) modular as well!

Oh, it's modular, that was always the plan. It's a bit of a squeeze, but the tree will fit even with a regular house next to it. The alternative solution is to move the tree a bit further back onto another 16x32 plate, which is probably what I will do when I eventually put it into a modular layout - along with a few more trees.

Check your inbox, by the way, you have a PM :)

This was always one of my favourite sets growing up, and i still have it built in my 'Lego Shed' I love this modern version great work.

D

Rather than put a 16x32 behind the snack bar couldn't you put one in front so it is set back from the road a bit allowing tables etc in front. I also see a phone box and post box in the little paved area, that seems quite typical in town centers

D

I really love the work your doing bringing the old sets back to life with a modern take , i look forward to seeing more of your work :grin:

would love to see your interpretation of set 6394 metro parking and service tower .

Great build :thumbup:

Congratulations on making the first page!

I love the nice detail with the 1x3 door as a paper roll.

Your picture taking is also great.

I have seen it IRB and it is truly a masterpiece.

Baard

What a great idea and great execution.

At first glance, I thought that tree was non-Lego (it looks like one of those trees in train set dioramas).

I wonder if anyone has done the reverse idea (vintage versions of modern sets)?

Thank you again :)

Rather than put a 16x32 behind the snack bar couldn't you put one in front so it is set back from the road a bit allowing tables etc in front. I also see a phone box and post box in the little paved area, that seems quite typical in town centers

Yes, I could - but that's not how I envisioned it, that's why I added the pavement. I think it'll look better with the seating area behind (with the tables away from the road). But the phone box and mailbox is a very good idea, I'll have to consider that!

...would love to see your interpretation of set 6394 metro parking and service tower .

All the sets I've re-done have ended up quite a bit bigger - that's how the LEGO City evolution has been - so 6394 would probably become a true monster. That said, I guess you could probably call this a modern interpretation of it - 6394 was certainly some of the inspiration behind it.

It's great!

Ilike our lamppost and your other remades also very much.

very nice work! gratz on FP too!!! and... you deserve it!

A big thanks to you last guys as well!

Seeing as so many of you seem to have enjoyed the snack bar, I thought I'd tell you that I've added another redux to my Flickr stream:

The Big 1 - an updated version of the classic 6641 4-Wheelin' Truck.

14368666562_0d036cd886_c.jpg

Big 1 1 by L@go, on Flickr

14183577680_7e71181c1d_c.jpg

Big 1 9 by L@go, on Flickr

And a shot of it next to the original:

14183692767_31080883db_c.jpg

Big 1 10 by L@go, on Flickr

Hope you enjoy it :)

This is amazing MOC(the Snack Bar)! I love all the details and it is truly a great re-imagining of this. I would send this to Lego and/or put it on Lego Ideas. It would make a fantastic set and I know I'd purchase one. Would you mind releasing instructions if you don't want to pursue the above idea?

Edited by Tech Artist

I would send this to Lego and/or put it on Lego Ideas. It would make a fantastic set and I know I'd purchase one. Would you mind releasing instructions if you don't want to pursue the above idea?

Thank you for your kind words!

I'll consider putting it on Ideas, but as I said in an earlier post, the chances of this making it through to 10,000 votes within a year are pretty close to zero, so it's probably not worth the hassle. When it comes to "releasing instructions", that's a huge amount of work (much more than anybody who hasn't tried making any themselves will ever understand) and probably won't happen. That said, if I were ever to make instructions - for sale - for a build bigger than this, the Snack Bar might be a good choice, as it seems very popular...

Edited by L@go

The snackbar is definitely the build that steals the show here, but I thought some of you might appreciate a tree break- down:

14166381569_4c929bd706_c.jpg

14166411998_46d8c71b52_c.jpg

Brilliant! Thanks for providing the service, Marco :)

Edited by L@go

Thanks again :)

I just feel compelled to point out, again, that...

I really love how you did the tree.

...I didn't "do" the tree. Marco ('Ecclesiastes) did - he's the one who posted the breakdown above.