Sign in to follow this  
Bob De Quatre

[MOC] Space Ninjas - Whitefang

"The members of the Kaze clan are wise and skilled warriors, that always try to avoid a conflict if it is possible, but don’t step back if if it is inevitable.

Their Draconid is really fast and agile, with decent shields and good firepower. It is called Whitefang."

14318620584_8aed12d07b_c.jpg

14132652420_830b61c070_c.jpg

14318619554_eb5c7cfbe9_c.jpg

14315933431_b5f959fc35_c.jpg

14340077703_41b27ff587_c.jpg

Ohhhh!! Wow! It looks real nice and the choice of name is even better. :grin:

Excellent sci-fi creation. Love the contour of your built.

Yikes, getting those curves must have been hard!! It looks really good though and the simple colour scheme does work brilliantly!!

Thanks all :blush:

Yikes, getting those curves must have been hard!!

Building the curves was easy... The hard part was to make it maintain it's shape while gravity just tries to make it crumble... I may take a picture of the internal structure if people are interrested.

Ohhhh!! Wow! It looks real nice and the choice of name is even better. :grin:

Excellent sci-fi creation. Love the contour of your built.

I knew that name would please you :laugh:

Awesome design! The curves, colors and story are great! It's nice to see a space/ninja combination. A tutorial on how you did the curves would be very appriciated! : D

Very nice looking ship! You really do an excellent job with all the curves, be it in LDD or real LEGO. Great job!

Here is a little LDD screenshot to explain how I did the curves:

14348277443_5c02003db6_c.jpgWhitefang howto by BobDeQuatre, on Flickr

The two rightmost builds are different solution I tried to reinforce the links and keep the S shape. I ended up using the rightmost one, with 3 flex hoses. In the center technic holes I first placed a black string (part 16542) before putting the flex hose, so it stays firmly in place.

I'll take pictures when I'll disassemble the Whitefang, or when it'll crumble due to gravity... :wink:

It looked a bit strange at first, but after all it it ended up to look cool. I think i saw a earlier version of it without the wings. I imaged that it could stretch out when flying. :classic:

Thanks for the LDD with the different curve techniques. I'll have to give these a try.

Ninjas in SPACE!

As almost all previous speakers have mentioned, the curves are amazing. Is the whole thing stable? Is it possible to touch it without causing any damage?

Wow, this is incredible! The design is amazing! Great photos as well. The techniques were impressive as well. Crazy good job here!

Awesome build! Love the color scheme, and the shaping is insane! :classic::thumbup:

Space ninja's :laugh: ! this is just fantastic. the color scheme is amazing, and you couldn't pick a better name for it.

"Huh!" is the first word when i see the MOC, i have looked at the behind story and the creatures. :) Can I want you to create them in real? :) Soo goood! :)

Thanks all :blush:

"Huh!" is the first word when i see the MOC, i have looked at the behind story and the creatures. :) Can I want you to create them in real? :) Soo goood! :)

You can want it, but it's not gonna happens :grin:

This one was so hard to build, but the others would be even harder I think. Plus some bricks/color combination I used don't exists...

Plus it would cost me a lot more than I can spent :look:

Its so freaking organic looking! You think you could use some ball joints to actually allow for some spine movement?

Its so freaking organic looking! You think you could use some ball joints to actually allow for some spine movement?

The ball joints are too big to fit inside the segments :sceptic: