Sign in to follow this  
Criga88

MOC - police paddy wagon

Hi all, this week I started to focus on creating Australian based police force vehicles to bring some order to my streets. My first vehicle is a paddy wagon with a Toyota Hilux for the base which I tried to style like the current city sets. When I initially designed this one the section behind the rear axle was pretty fragile but after a quick rebuild it's very sturdy now. The final product is able to seat a driver in the cab and a prisoner in the rear module with the lockers in the middle for any gear or evidence. A couple of stickers from other sets and this will be ready to start rounding up the hordes of criminals that I've acquired through sets over the years. Let me know what you think of it :classic:

14292927831_50b50244dd_c.jpg

14123977850_838b717df1_c.jpg

Hilux paddy wagon.lxf

Cool! :thumbup: I like the shape, it's a nice mix of blocky(ish) at the back but with a nice smooth front. I really like the design, I may copy it one day (if that's all right)! :grin:

Thanks Mutant Orc. The rear section is meant to be a plastic module that bolts onto a variety of pick-up chassis, hence the difference between the front and rear. Feel free to copy or modify it, the .LXF is the sturdy build.

Cool design 'Criga88'.......I might look at doing a six replacement of my last police van with some inspiration from yours......Brick On ! :grin:

Thanks Lightningtiger. I have to admit that your van was inspiration to make my own Aussie police vehicles :classic:

Thanks Lightningtiger. I have to admit that your van was inspiration to make my own Aussie police vehicles :classic:

Your welcome dude, I'm very happy that my work inspires others to design and build......Brick On 'Criga88' ! :grin:

Good looking design! I'm thinking that a civilian version with a pop up camper shell could be epic.

Thanks Eurotrash. The camper's a good idea, shouldn't be too hard to make an alternate module to replace the prisoner transport one either.

Great varley pod as used by several police forces/services throughout Australia. Varley is the manufacturer of these.

Thanks Coghilla and Jonwil. You're spot on about the manufaturer Coghilla, they'll probably end up being the basis for most of my vehicles given their huge catalog.

Spot on Monsinjor, the police will be on a blitz to round up the rest of the riff-raff as quick as they can.

The paddy wagon received an update this weekend, I managed to scrounge up a handlebar part to make the bull bar. A couple of other minor parts were changed so I'm calling this one done now.

14571882987_5273a20041_c.jpg