Hey. I've recently been looking to get a new set of Technic but I've noticed they have not brought out many new kits recently. It seems to be more towards the standard brick kits they seem to be concentrating on more than Technic. Does anyone know if Lego will be bringing anymore Technic kits out or are we starting to see them disappear? Will be a shame if it does because older second hand kits are not cheap to buy and I don't have £500 to spend on a set, I was looking more towards £150ish.

The last kit I bought was the 8043 excavator when it first came out and before that it was the barcode truck from when I was a kid. I have kids of my own now and it can entertain them (and me :laugh: ) for hours. I want to start buying more kits to add to the ££££'s I already have from many years ago lol. I was thinking either the 9398 crawler or the 42009 crane.

Also how long do you's think that we will be able to get spare parts? I went through a lot of old lego motors when I was a kid and I'm a bit worried if something was to happen with any of my power functions that I might not be able to get hold of spare parts. Call me a wuss if you want, I just don't want it to disappear lol.

I am pretty certain Technic is going away. Kids these days don't want to build stuff. They just play video games, unlike the 1980s or 1990s.

I think it will be gone within 9 months. I would buy a lot now.

Edited by andythenorth

As far as I know, there are no indications that LEGO Technic is going to disappear. New sets are released yearly, just check out www.brickset.com. Your fears are unwarranted.

I know it all seems to be Marvel, City or other child orientated kits. Shame really because my kids are a small minority that prefer hands on and fiddly stuff. I gave them the choice the other day between playing with all my old Lego or to buy them a new set like Lego City, they chose my old technic straight away. I better get buying some more sets. Apart from the 8043 excavator I bought it's all old studded technic I have and it's not the easiest stuff to mix together.

It mixes fine, just use it for what it's meant to do. This year 11 technic sets have been released and last year 13. Sure not as much as city or star wars, but they are out there. Here in the Netherlands they do a fine job of giving all themes there space, so it doesn't seem overcrowded with city or star wars. As I said, don't worry, it will be around.

I am pretty certain Technic is going away. Kids these days don't want to build stuff. They just play video games, unlike the 1980s or 1990s.

I think it will be gone within 9 months. I would buy a lot now.

That's what my parents said in the 90's. "Kids just play video games." 20 years later and LEGO is doing better than ever. As for Technic, it will be around longer than nine months. Pretty sure Technic sets are planned for release for years to come. And, Technic parts are often used in the bigger and more complex Creator and Star Wars sets.

I don't think Technic will be cancelled very soon, but I would recommend getting it just in case. Also I recommend getting it from John Lewis since they sell Lego cheaper.

That's what my parents said in the 90's. "Kids just play video games." 20 years later and LEGO is doing better than ever. As for Technic, it will be around longer than nine months. Pretty sure Technic sets are planned for release for years to come. And, Technic parts are often used in the bigger and more complex Creator and Star Wars sets.

I am pretty sure Andythenorth didn't mean his comment to be taken seriously, the sarcasm is pretty obvious.

I am pretty sure Andythenorth didn't mean his comment to be taken seriously, the sarcasm is pretty obvious.

Oh lol. I will take it seriously and buy lots now anyway :laugh:

Just buy the crawler and enjoy it. i've missed out on enough I don't want anyone else to miss out, and as long as we keep buying it will be around.

H

I ordered the crawler and the crane. Hopefully be here early next week. Looking into getting some L motors as well because I only have M ones.

I ordered the crawler and the crane. Hopefully be here early next week. Looking into getting some L motors as well because I only have M ones.

Great. I'm sure the crawler comes with L motors and a servo, I don't have the set myself. in the past twelve months i've bought three L motors, a servo, power functions remote, IR receiver, extension cables and the AAA battery pack. pure joy!

H

Technic isn't going anywhere, in fact there is probably more Technic in the regular 2014 non-Technic sets than any year before...Technic really adds to the playability of traditional system sets...This is a good thing as I think that standard builders are finally going to start appreciating Technic more...

This is a good thing as I think that standard builders are finally going to start appreciating Technic more...

You feel too lonely with your Technic parts in the US. :laugh:

You feel too lonely with your Technic parts in the US. :laugh:

It's no secret that Technic isn't as big here in the states as it is over your way... :wink:

It's pretty sad when you go to a Lego show with 1,000 exhibitors and there is one Technic model...

Edited by Paul Boratko

I don't think it will be going away anytime soon, lego is the 2nd largest toy maker in the world (next to Mattel) and I think that they don't want to upset the technic community.

I don't think it will be going away anytime soon, lego is the 2nd largest toy maker in the world (next to Mattel) and I think that they don't want to upset the technic community.

LOL. I'm sure of that. LEGO Technic dosen't go anywhere but on our shelves and placements of work. :classic: Or there will be sweeping demonstrations. :laugh:

Edited by Interceptor