Hi!

Soon, I'll show to you new little rally car with rear independent suspension and rear drive. But rally car must be AWD, so I build small front suspension :grin:

IMG_1838.JPG

IMG_1839.JPG

IMG_1831.JPG

IMG_1833.JPG

IMG_1834.JPG

IMG_1835.JPG

*cardan has free lift under load without stoppes

I'm going to build audi quattro or toyota celica with this system. May be you have another ideas for it?

that's great man!

you can build a thousand vehicles with that system :)

Edited by piterx

WOW, great! Brand new Base for small awd cars;)

Thanks!

Impressive. I eagerly await a vehicle with this setup.

v/r

andy

I too.. :laugh:

P.s.I'm waiting for one question so answer it now: "Why i don't use efferman system(http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=60459&st=1375#entry1895722) or sth like that?"

Firstly, I can't use little wheels with new steering portal. Secondly, clearance very small with this portal.

P.p.s I use unusual wheels :laugh:

Nsr3PvW2yGA.jpg

Finally a way to make small realistic 4wd cars! Great job! Looking forward to rally car, possibly a kind of hatchback style so you could fit an interior and still have room for battery box.

Brilliant creation. How will your steering work with a servo? Servo is probably a bit large for your model anyway.

H :thumbup:

Fantastic!! I've been trying to come up with something like this for ages......

A small compact suspension without all the fancy linkage pieces (that I wish I had :sceptic: ).

I love it. Great solutions to save width, and nice out of the box thinking!

-ED-

Edited by Nazgarot

impressive :) I wonder if this is possible with 80-90s technic parts only. One question that I have, how it is working in real without the differential?

You gave me an idea which I will try to test, thanks.

regards

Edited by AOW

This is brilliant, thank you for sharing it! I'm totally going to use this for an AWD rally car of my own.

Thanks you a lot!

If somebody will build it, using silicone grease in shock absorber. It will start work better :blush:

Brilliant creation. How will your steering work with a servo? Servo is probably a bit large for your model anyway.

H :thumbup:

Yes, servo is quite big, also it turns 90 degrees, and it is too much :sceptic:

impressive :) I wonder if this is possible with 80-90s technic parts only. One question that I have, how it is working in real without the differential?

You gave me an idea which I will try to test, thanks.

regards

I have a car with rear suspension and drive like this. It work not bad, so I hope this system will work ok too.

Edited by gsia17

Clever idea for using the spring out of a lego shock over an axle, saves space, is linear and is very useful not just in cars but in mechanisms themselves.

One question - have you considered using 87408.jpginstead of 48496.jpg, and using a 20t single-bevel gear to drive the axle? That way you could get the center of the U-joint lined up with prop shaft axle, and both half-shafts would be of equal length.

EDIT: it wouldn't quite line up, but it would get you 1/2 a stud closer to lining up.

Edited by Hrafn

Reminds me of the twin I-beam suspension found on the older Ford vehicles. :thumbup:

I hope that I never buy a real car with system as my :wacko:

One question - have you considered using 87408.jpginstead of 48496.jpg, and using aea 20t single-bevel gr to drive the axle? That way you could get the center of the U-joint lined up with prop shaft axle, and both half-shafts would be of equal length.

EDIT: it wouldn't quite line up, but it would get you 1/2 a stud closer to lining up.

Movement is so small, that it doesn't matter. Also I prefer use 12t gears because that i can use buggy motor directly without additional gear.

P.s. I start build Toyota Celica.

Hi I was wondering if I can use this system and your other rear suspension one of my projects. All of the credits will go to you Gsia17.

Thanks in advance.

I plan to do that, with due credit of course, even if I end up modifying it. I noticed this video on YouTube months ago and already tried both RWD and AWD, together with the small rear setup and a buggy motor.

Problems I found so far:

1. RWD can't steer, I guess due to the lack of differential

2. When going full speed backwards and the giving full throttle forward, the CV joints pop out of place. U joints resisted that, but the problem only really happened when forcing the RWD setup.

3. CV axles are too short and wheels eventually go away, I tried 4L axles with U joints and still had the same problem, so I think I'll uses 5.5L even though it will look ugly.

Other than that, this is a wonderful suspension setup and I hope you (gsia17) are fine with others reusing it :)

In any case, thank you so much for the inspiration you're giving us already!

Edited by miguev

Thanks for usefull recall)

Hi I was wondering if I can use this system and your other rear suspension one of my projects. All of the credits will go to you Gsia17.

Thanks in advance.

Certainly use it! I will be happy if my ideas will find a place in your models. Hope you show me the result :wink:

1. RWD can't steer, I guess due to the lack of differential

2. When going full speed backwards and the giving full throttle forward, the CV joints pop out of place. U joints resisted that, but the problem only really happened when forcing the RWD setup.

3. CV axles are too short and wheels eventually go away, I tried 4L axles with U joints and still had the same problem, so I think I'll uses 5.5L even though it will look ugly.

Thanks! Yes, at the moment, I have not found the solution this problems, but as soon as a good idea come - I'll fix it. :blush: